Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do I make this image 3D and spinning?!

Hi and welcome to the forum. The image you have posted is a raster or bitmap image. It has a white background. This image needs to be vectorised, either by tracing around the outline of the shapes using a pen tool or shape editor in a vector program such as Xara Xreme, CorelDraw, Inkscape or Illustrator, or a bitmap tracing program within the aforementioned programs or in Vector Magic. The background then has to be removed, or the whole rectangle will spin as well as the logo. These vector shapes have to be imported into Xara X3D and then you can easily make it animate.
    My 2 tutorials, linked in my signature will help you do this, but no member here will do the work for you, but many will help you if you get stuck.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

...or you can redraw the logo using a vector program (I used Xara Xtreme) to create your vector image. This may be a lot quicker that going the handtracing route. Mine took about 20 minutes.
    I didn't use the fonts in the original, so it looks a bit different, but you get the idea.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	farshow.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	57235  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

TheFarShow: As Bob has said, we will help you to make your logo spin, but not to the extent of doing it for you. We can offer advice, and examples, but the next step is for you to work through the processes given in the various tutorials, and tell us how you got on.

For irregularly shaped logos like yours, the hardest part of the process takes place outside of Xara3D - taking a bitmap-based shape or shapes, and creating vector-based versions. Xara3D is vector-based, and must have a vector shape before it can do anything at all. For this you need a vector editor, one of the several that Bob has mentioned, and if you haven't used anything like that before, it can be a bit of a learning curve. Since this is the Xara3D forum, I tend not to go into any detail about how to use a vector editor, but others, like Bob, will help here, too.

And the very minimum you need to have is a full copy of Xara3D itself! The downloadable demo peppers the background with non-removable text, so any logo you export will have that background, until you buy the full version. It doesn't affect the file itself, so when you get the full version, just load the file and re-export the animation, and it will have the background you choose to give it.

Mike

he must have figured it out
    how do you cut out the shape so well.
    the only method i can find so far is to trace for an hour in xtreme.

Quote Originally Posted by 513craig View Post
    ...how do you cut out the shape so well...
    If you are referring to my post (#12), I didn't, it was redrawn from scratch. If you compare the two, you'll see they differ.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by CMONE View Post
    Ok, here is a little help, I have your logo in transformed lines and curves. This is usually the main to a bitmap image (pixel) a vector graphics (lines) to make.

The rest is easy, simply copy and animate Xara3D.

The XAR file for you and a small example of animation ...
    nice work O(∩_∩)O

Thanks! I didn't really need anyone to actually do it for me I just wanted to know how to do it for an irregularly shaped logo. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFARshow View Post
    ... I didn't really need anyone to actually do it for me ...
    Then why did your first post say...
    Could you make this image 3D and spinning please?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.