Hi everybody,

ever since I switched to Photoshop CS4 I regret to have done so.
I bought every version since 5.0, because I am working with it on a daily basis and with every new version came features that were worth the upgrade price. For me at least ...

CS4 is the first version that I wish I had not bought. Especially since for the first time I switched to Extended, only to find that the "3D-functions" are not for me. But that's another story ...

That said, here's my real problem:
I HATE the new tabs and want to have every image in it's own, floating window like in every version before.

Gladly, the folks at Adobe thought of an option "Open documents as Tabs".
I unchecked it and when I now open a new image via the "Open..." dialog, it's floating like it used to. Hooray!

Alas, if I open that very same image via drag 'n' drop, it's still opened in a tab regardless of the above setting.

This is REALLY annoying, because unchecking the tabs-option should make it clear that I don't want them!
Never!
Never Never !!

So first off, can anybody confirm that the same thing happens for them as well (preferably using Vista Home Extended).

Second off, if this is how it is, has anybody found a way to get rid of this silly tab-behaviour once and for all ??

Any help is appreciated!

Wolfgang