Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Keith,

I just did the following test to see if layers are preserved using CorelDRAW12.

1. Export from Rhino to DXF or DWG (AutoCad 2000) and import into CorelDRAW. > Layers and object-layer assignments were PRESERVED. Also, the color of layers and objects used in Rhino were preserved.

2. Export from rhino as .AI and import into CorelDRAW. > layers and Object-layer assignments were presereved; colors were not preserved (all objects and layer colors were black).

Then export as CMX (which preserves the layer designations) and import into Xara.
    Attached Files Attached Files

cheers John,

Sadly I don't own Coreldraw... I actually bought Xara as an alternative!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Keith.

The actual export/import files used for this test.

Well, keep your eye open. There are often older versions of DRAW available which may work just fine for you which you can buy cheap.

AND you can always try and email or ftp me or other members here the rhino or DWG files (if they are not proprietary to your firm). If I have the time, I'll be more than happy to produce the CMX files for you.

Regards, John

Hello

Certain very simple .ai will import into Xarax, by using the Corel 3 or 4 filter or the Freehand one. Also they might import with no stroke or colour, but can be selected using tab.

I can import Photoshop .ai clipping paths this way.

Mike engles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	import_.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	11009  

Hello

I did post a smaller screen shot and saw it, but it is not there now. Apologies.
    The screen shot is taken from .ai in the posted zip. You can import it with .ai or by renaming as .eps, with slightly different results. No layers. renaming a .ai to eps sometime helps.
    This .ai does import

Mike Engles