Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default windows 7 and Xara

I have windows 7 beta and the first application I tried was Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0 plus the patch - at first it didn't want to install saying it was an unrecognized OS version, but right clicking on the setup file on the CD and choosing compatibility for Vista, it went in no problem. Haven't had time to play (did it late last night), but it did start up with no issues. I'll send a screen shot later when I get back home.
    So far this new OS looks promising.
    Glenn

Default Re: windows 7 and Xara

Thanks Glen, I've just finished downloading the .iso and plan to install soon. Like you - Xara Xtreme will be the first application I'll install

here's a screenshot - everything works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win7xara.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	55265  
    Glenn

Thanks for the tip about installing Xtreme using the Vista compatibility Glenn.

I've still got about 2 hours of downloading the iso.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Thanks Glen, I've just finished downloading the .iso and plan to install soon. Like you - Xara Xtreme will be the first application I'll install
    Uh-oh. I don't believe Steve has posted since this last post. I'm sure he has more than one computer, so if something went awry he should still be able to log on here. Unless he's having just too much fun with windows 7.
    And Bill too. Since he stated he was dl'g the .ios we haven't heard from him either...
    -=Bob=-

Bob I'm still around.

The down load finished at 11:37 PM my local time and well past my bed time.

It is currently 8:07 AM local and I have had a good night of sleep, a good breakfast and half a pot of coffee.

I'm ready to burn the .iso to DVD and pull a spare computer out of the closet and see what Windows 7 has to offer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I have the feeling most people won't like windows 7 as a lot of the kernel code is based on Vista- but I like keeping up with new versions. the new taskbar fuctionality is nice as is some of the other "eye candy"... but underlying this is supposed to be even more stable/reliable than vista and ultimately that's what really counts. They also knocked down the amount of UAC prompts you'll see.
    I guess I got lucky - I downloaded both 32 and 64 bit versions (over 5G) each in about half hour.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Uh-oh. I don't believe Steve has posted since this last post. I'm sure he has more than one computer, so if something went awry he should still be able to log on here. Unless he's having just too much fun with windows 7.
    Not quite yet.
    I'm going to install on my laptop when I receive the new hard drive for the job, which should be tomorrow morning.

My two main PC's are in daily use for important stuff

I downloaded both 32 and 64 bit versions (over 5G) each in about half hour.
    We only have a relatively slow DSL speed at my rural location. 1.5mbit .
    I've only downloaded the 32bit version at this stage.

Installation on an Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz 32bit system with 1GB memory went well.

The latest driver for my Proview 19 inch widescreen LCD monitor was said to be invalid. But I can test the system at 1024x768 if I must.

Still haven't found anything new and earth shattering, yet. But I did not begin the install until this afternoon. Too many chores around the place to get done before play time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Do you mean the video driver Bill? Monitor drivers are rarely if ever required. It's the GPU and it's driver which give WXGA support.
    Some of the older aio mainboards won't have wxga support and often require an AGP display card fitted to enable use of a wide-screen.

Good to know that W7 runs on a 1.5GHZ P4.

I assume Xtreme is installed by now?