Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 4.0.1 patch now available

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    If you don't receive the message, when you ungroup is the transparency applied to the individual items inside the group?.
    David,
    With 'Make groups be transparent as a whole' checked, ungrouping removes any transparency. With it unchecked, transparencies remain on both the object and the shadow.

That seems logical; 'ungrouping' should remove any attributes applied to the group or 'whole' and subsequently, attributes applied to individual or 'not-whole' should retain invididual attributes.
    ~Fred

For me, both checked and unchecked result in the final circle having transparency, although in the case of checked, I can no longer remove the transparency after ungrouping. (I can remove it if it is unchecked.)

David it is sounding like you may have something corrupted with the installation of Xtreme.

Have you tried an uninstall and reinstall?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

No, I haven't yet reinstalled, as nothing else has reared its head. I've also had similar problems with grouped item transparencies (and other grouped item attributes) before upgrading OS. That upgrade entailed a complete reinstall of everything, but I never took the time to document this problem on the old OS. If something is corrupted, the corruption comes from a bug, so hopefully this thread will prompt the programmers to look at it a little. If it was me, I'd look at the code that is responsible for that messagebox, and see what flags need to be set.

It will be very difficult for Xara to isolate a bug that only you can duplicate.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I never said it wouldn't. I did say that if it was me, I'd look at that messagebox code. It might give me an idea about what happened. With luck, it might not turn out to be as difficult as imagined, and a bug gets squashed.

If you want to see one of the still outstanding bugs, try resizing both circles in the attached file using the elliptical tool's 'width' and 'height' edit boxes. This worked correctly in 3.0, but not 4.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Bug in grouped shapes and transparencies?

David I split out the posts about your bug report so it will be more visible to Xara development team.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

David I can resize them using the Ellipse Tool Width and Height edit boxes by typing in values or using the up/down arrows.

No error messages.

The fact that the left hand circle transforms is because of the position of the nodes. The recalculation is most likely made making arcs connected at the nodes and would result in the effect on that circle. Not a bug but rather a consequence of the type of calculations being made.

Anomalies of that type can be found in all software. Fixating on something like that can cause ulcers. Life is too short. Relax and enjoy things.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    If you want to see one of the still outstanding bugs, try resizing both circles in the attached file using the elliptical tool's 'width' and 'height' edit boxes. This worked correctly in 3.0, but not 4.
    What bug are we looking for David?
    If I try resizing them via the w/h edit boxes I get the size I expected (as entered)

It worked correctly in 3.0. (The Xtreme team indicated that non-skewed resizing is the functioning they envisioned.) That's just one example of the bugs I've reported.