Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm finding that after I resize a picture in Picture Editor, then click on the "accept and return", that the image has not been saved to the new size. Is there a step that I'm missing? Is there a "Save" button I'm missing? - Andrew

Yes, looks like the size thing does nothing but zoom in and out, I suppose its best use would be in conjunction with the crop and enhance stuff, If you need to resize you can do that in the Xara document window, you know like scale or drag a manipulation handle to resize an image.

Myself, I don't have much need for the picture editor but I'm sure some folks may find it handy. There's always a work around to get the job done.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

You guys Make me Laugh. This has to be a joke post... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

XPE only shows 3 tools embeded in the xara x1.

The rest of the buttons are for you to look at what you are modifying.

XPE replaces the bitmap editor functions in x1.0D Remember the adjusting the thumbnail and guessing how the picture would really look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	1197  
    John/DOT

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure if the resize is to actually resize the image, possibly will be in the full version when it becomes available. I use it currently to set a percentage of the original size and then make a note of the dimensions. Then when I return to Xara I can make the change easily. Before I would have to open calculator and hope I plug the numbers in correctly to get the percentage I am looking for.

Charles did say the upgrade to the full version of XPE would be free to purchasers of Xara X1.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The rest of the buttons are for you to look at <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There Ya go Andrew. The pro's have spoken.http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Misquoting now? How quaint.
    John/DOT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You guys Make me Laugh. This has to be a joke post...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a joke John.

No offence taken.

XPE Is a nice little app. It is only about 50% done, so give xara time to finish it.
    John/DOT

AnFarr and Mike,

Don't feel bad. I and few of my friends thought the samething. Then we realized, of course, you can scale any bitmap with the corner selection handles or the Info Bar in Xara.

A few additional words in the Help File could help alleviate this potential misunderstanding.

John,

How many people actually read help files. 99% of my consulting time is quoting a help file.

Take 100 people, 5 read the help files, 2 understand what they read and 1 will remember it two days later.

"Did you know the secrets of the universe are printed on the back of a matchbook." That is why they are secrets.
    John/DOT