Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Convert a .psd to .pdf ...anomaly?

Yello, I'm sitting here trying to figure out why it's so difficult (or why I'm it so difficult) to simply convert a .psd to .pdf -- considering an option exists when I use 'Save As...'

My file is starting out set to CMYK 300dpi for print/screen.

My aim is to get the PDF as close to the PSD as possible, but no matter what settings I choose, nothing looks right at 100% in Acrobat... it may look decent at 65%, or 197% or even 300% but still nothing gets it just exactly right.

There's virtually nothing on this type of issue that I've seen or searched for -- so I'm guessing everyone just knows what's up or they don't ever use this function.

Any help is greatly appreciated --
    IP

Default Re: Convert a .psd to .pdf ...anomaly?

Have you a copy of Illustrator? If you have copy and paste it into AI and then export it as a PDF and always view it in Arcro at 100% and then see if there is a difference. If you have bitmaps in your file then you might have out of gamut colours which is causing the problems. You could take a snapshot of the PS file and also one from Acro to show the differences which will give the forum members more to go on as it could be quite a number of things.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

have you seen what it looks like when printed cos i've done tons of graphics in various formats an onscreen it looks one way but in print they look great cos some are jus like lo-res screen previews?
    IP

Another thing you should be aware of is that although Acrobat is indeed an Adobe product, it utilises the colour settings for the monitor via Windows whereas PS uses it's own inbuilt settings.

So the colour difference or quality is not a setting problem but just two different programs applying two sets of colour modes.

Also, in terms of settings, the only ones you should worry about is the Compression, everything else is just for viewing and security.
    Illustrator doesn't control me....I control the beast within
    IP