Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Given the choice, would it be iPhone or BlackBerry?

Voters
200. This poll is closed
  • iPhone

94 47.00%
  • BlackBerry

63 31.50%
  • Other device

43 21.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Given the choice, would it be iPhone or BlackBerry?

Anyone can post in this thread and vote in the poll, even if you're not registered. But registering is recommended.
    IP

Default Re: Given the choice, would it be iPhone or BlackBerry?

Given the choice, would it be iPhone or BlackBerry?
    So why is there 'Other device' as an option?

Anyway, I like berries more than apples
    IP

It would have to be Blackberry for me.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

If the iPhone took videos or had a half-way decent camera with a flash or if the Blackberry had WiFi or a decent keyboard, either of them might be in contention for a 'must-have' device. Without those things, their supposed killer features are just eye-candy.

Or should that be iCandy?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by brianlj View Post
    ...or if the Blackberry had WiFi .
    But they do...
    IP

I voted "other device" -- If a leash was required in my life, I would prefer a stylish analogue one. Like this one: http://www.glamourdog.com/ban-lea-ram.html

Risto
    IP

Palm.

Palm Grafitti takes about 30 minutes to master and is far better for text input than either ridiculously tiny and mechanically complex keypads or touchscreen querty keypads.

I presently have to use a company Blackberry, and hate it. It feels like a ball-and-chain (goes with the territory; not the device's fault), but doesn't balance that by providing me the upside of things I miss from my aging Tunsten T3: Loading my own Excel spreadsheets, FileMaker databases, thesaurus, dictionary, etc.--and Grafitti.

JET
    IP

Sorry Jet... I used (and mastered Grafitti) for several years, but the Palm TX seemed very grumpy over it. I had two TXs as the first got drowned, so it must have been a design thing.

The HTC HD virtual keyboard *is* good - as you hit a key it 'flares' dark so you get visual feedback. Click/hold on a character gives you a shift function - so Q gives you 1, W 2 etc, and the second row gives punctuation. And if you want to use a letter recognizer or Grafitti-like function, it has those too.

This really is one of these deeply personal features - some people swear by X, others by Y. And 5 minutes playing in a shop is not really enough either - I suspect my disappointing experience on an iPhone was for that reason.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

To me, it's not about visual or any other kind of feedback that I have hit the right key on a tiny keyboard. I think the whole idea of tiny querty keyboards is fundamentally flawed from the get-go.

The querty keyboard was invented and intended for proper touch-typing (two hands, not looking at the keyboard). Anyone who can type can use a querty keyboard in the dark.

Having to visually locate a character on a querty keyboard too small for proper use, even to someone like me who has been touch-typing since high school, is inefficient to begin with. I despise having to look for keys to hit with my index finger or (worse) thumbs.

Grafitti avoids all that and lets me think text-linearly, exactly as if I were writing with a pencil ('cause that's what I'm doing). Give me that any day, on any device too small for proper use of a keyboard.

I despise answering emails on a Blackberry. Feels like my brain is slugging through molasses.

JET
    IP

Cool Re: Given the choice, would it be iPhone or BlackBerry?

I'll go for a Palm Pre!
    IP