Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Scrapbook tutorials with Xara Xtreme (warning really long babble in the front)

I picked up quite a bit from your tutorials.

Thank you (much easier than using PS).

Doby

I'm so glad to see so many are still using the tutorials.

I have meant to do more, but I've been so busy I forgot about the blog altogether - LOL.

I've recently been learning PS CS3 for my own personal photography work, and I still prefer Xara to the system of necessary layering in Photoshop. Although PS is fun for brushes and other things. So I'm learning to use Photoshop for recoloring and brushes then I save them as JPEG's or PNG's and do all of my finishing work in Xara.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Scrapbook tutorials with Xara Xtreme (warning really long babble in the front)

Jen,

That is a great set of tutorials. I was just wondering what you do with the finished product. Do you have them printed and bound in a book or do they just go in a 3 ring binder? Also, what kind of printing do you use? Just a copy shop or a professional printer? I've always wondered how people do that. I ask because I know that my wife put one together and spent over $100 per book that she had printed and bound by a "scrapbook company". So i am looking for other options should she want to put one together again.

Thanks,
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

making digital scrapbook albums...if i am printing the layouts myself, i just print them out 8x8 size and use a matte photo paper. staples has one that prints beautifully, is archival, and i've used it for several years.

recently, i've ordered books in both 8x8 and 12x12 size from two places.... ArtsCow and InkUBook. i was happy with the quality of both. ArtsCow is cheaper and will ship anywhere in the world for a reasonable price. i've also heard other digital scrappers get great results from pages printed by Costco (i think they cost around $1 per page) then you put the pages into a purchased album. unfortunately, there is no Costco around me or i'd try it.

i use xara exclusively for digital scrapbooking (other than certain things that can't be done, i still use Elements) and i'm really thrilled that this latest update includes a spellcheck. yay!