Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Home Page Shifts To The Right

I know there was another post regarding shifting, but it seems that dealt with added script into the source page. Thie only thing I added on my home page is the ...js script... code after the last object as directed. Earlier versions never shifted. Any ideas? Thanks, Metro.

http://www.danshome.com/index.htm

Default Re: Home Page Shifts To The Right

I don't see any shifting of the home page here?

What I should comment on is the use of PNG throughout. Some pages on your site take ages to render (I'm on 1.5 mbit dsl) due to the very large PNG images.
    You might like to make them jpg by naming them 'JPEG' in Xara before you export.
    Click the yellow name tag and enter JPEG for each photo. Xara will warn you that there are already other images named JPEG, just ignor this and name them anyway.

Even your floral frame bg (which itself is a rather large 202 KB) should really not be PNG

Thanks again Sledger! I'll work on saving images as jpg. I get the shift on explorer just as the final buttons seem to load their links. And only on the home page. If you don't see it, then I'm not so worried. Thanks. Any suggestions for improvements are always welcome as the site is only going to get larger with more images.

Metro

Note: That floral background was originally three objects to create the effect. I converted it into one editable shape because I noticed on page loading that you could see it build up.

Metro

I notice a slight adjustment to the right but I think this is a natural centering
    because people create pages in different sizes, people have their monitors set at different resolutions, people use different browsers, and monitors come in many different sizes these days. No one ever said web design was easy!
    Your site looks very nice and professional well done

Thanks for the compliment and observation. ...Metro