Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 2nd Monitor

Default Re: New 2nd Monitor

I would certainly have a problem if the difference were too great. Fortunately, it's more subtle. In many respects, I prefer the warmer Lenovo display (the colors look richer) even though the Samsung is more accurate. When color might be a concern, I just drag the window to the other monitor for a quick check. Xtreme is usually open on the Samsung.

BTW, this Lenovo is a refurb that IBM sent me when they couldn't replace my 22" CRT which was still under warranty. We got a new widescreen Lenovo a few months ago for testing 16:9 presentations. I haven't been able to compare it to the Samsung, so I don't know whether it's similarly warm or not. AIR, the reviews praised its color rendition.

I again tried a second monitor. Had too much stuff on the screen and had an extra Viewsonic VP2130b not being used too much so thought I would really give it a chance. I have the Xara main window open on my #1 monitor and all the galleries (except layers) and Windows Explorer on #2. I really love it now. I don't have them directly side by side but #2 is angled around on the right. The colors on #2 are a little more muted but as I'm not looking at images, only galleries, exact color isn't as important.
    http://michiganimaging.com/media/2mon.jpg
    Don't know if it helps me produce better work, but it does make the job easier, and it impresses the clients

You gotta be really careful while you're doing something like this. Having dual monitors can be habit forming.

We normally have dual monitors at work. This week we've been on a business trip to another site,and we found it near impossible to get anything done with only one monitor. Everything seems so crowded somehow..
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.