Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Can I divide a website constructed with Xara into different frames?

I am trying to construct a website using Xara Xtreme which has a menu section down the left. Can I create a separate frame to the right of this to load the different pages into, using just Xara, or do I have to use a separate html editor to do this.

The menu section is reasonably graphical and I would rather not repeat it on each page, and have to load it separately for each webpage.

Default Re: Can I divide a website constructed with Xara into different frames?

Welcome to the TG forums Gasman

Xtreme does not work with or produce frames. It would also be difficult to edit Xtreme html source to accommodate.
    However, you could produce the main page and menu page separately and in another editor create the frameset which call the two Xtreme exported .htm pages into their respective frame (index.htm divided into a frameset which uses main.htm and menu.htm as example)

Thank you for your prompt response.

You're welcome.

Remember the links you use for your menus should have their TARGET set to the main frame 'name'.
    So if you call the main frame 'main' you would need to specify the anchor ref target as:
    <a href=page.htm target=main>LINK</a>