Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logo ideas

Default Logo ideas

Hi

just love throwing these out because I'm always amazed at the ideas that appear!

Need to create a logo for a boat yard. Owners initials are RWM

Bearing in mind logos should be simple and clear drew a simple boat shape with wavy line underneath and the initials on the side. The attached drawing is just a quick summation of the idea

Then thought is this boring?

cheers

Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	53970  

Default Re: Logo ideas

Is this a fictitious challenge or are you asking members to design something for you and the actual boat owner?

I would increase the size of the text (possibly play around with font type and the mould tool, and clipview), and the line thickness of the boat, and simplify it somewhat. Lose the water too.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	boat logo.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	53973  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

My nodes on the boat are a bit off, but you'll get the idea.

Name:	rwm.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	53974  

It's a bit of both - a challenge and a question for a job.

The Olympics are coming and I have been asked to create websites relating to the event.

Problem is that the UK Olympic commitee have copyrighted, patented protected every variation you can think of relating to the event including 2012 (watch out diary makers) Olympics, paraolympics, the six rings in every colour etc etc.

So I'm looking for inspiration on how to promote certain web sites that want work from the Olympics without contravening the legislation

I'd love to use a boat with the olympic rings and flag etc but not allowed, neither is Weymouth 2012 It's a mine field.

(sorry keyboard threw a wobbly)

Anyway thanks for the input off xmas shopping

cheers

Ian

How about something like this

Name:	RWM.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	53983  

One More
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Though you are right with your initial assertion "Bearing in mind logos should be simple and clear" your own attempt is neither. Also it wouldn't stand any test a logo might need to pass such as being recognisable, eye catching or scalable/printable at small sizes.
    My advice is to first look around your house at the thousands of logos all over all the bits you own and stuff you buy at the supermarket. Then sketch a simple shape that suggests boats/seafaring, integrate it with the text/type somehow, or separately as a little icon. Be clever. If at first things look not quite right then try again and again until you're happy! Or you could use Jimi's idea, which is quite neat.
    Now webmaster at Design Reviews
    Design Tzar at Ebbs Studio

Thanks for that I do like Jimis but I hate stealing ideas but will probably use the concept

cheers

Ian

Hey life's about helping each other out. If you like it, have it, or at least have the XAR file and play around with it yourself (as I said the boat shape isn't perfect anyway).

I'm touched that you (and Fred) like it.

Besides, if I give it to you then you aren't stealing anything. the font is called "BN Jinx" but I've converted it to shapes here.
    Attached Files Attached Files