Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cell Phone Wallpaper - Redecorate your phone

One of the neighborhood teenagers, who lives and dies by his cell phone, sometimes finds time to help my wife and I out with certain projects around our house. I wanted to do something different and unique for him to boost his 'coolness' factor about school so I fired up Xara Xtreme and Xara 3D to come up with the following external and internal wallpapers for his cell phone. From the feedback I've managed to drag out of him it seems that they were quite a hit with his classmates.

My 2 animated wallpapers to follow in the next post...

I consider it a job well done,
    HayTay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCHS Bear Claw Ripped Wallpaper 1 with overlay.jpg 
Views:	665 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	53879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCHS Bear Claw Ripped Wallpaper 2 with overlay.jpg 
Views:	645 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	53880  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC Shoes Int Wallpaper 1 with overlay.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	53883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC Shoes Int Wallpaper 2 with overlay.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	53884  

Default Re: Cell Phone Wallpaper - Redecorate your phone

As promised here are the 2 animated cell phone wallpapers...

Name:	DC Shoes Int Wallpaper 3b (Animated) with overlay.gif 
Views:	730 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	53887  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very good work, Harry. I like the way the 2 Cs look like an "X", especially the chrome version. The font you've chosen gives it an American feel. This may be part of the coolness appeal for schoolkids (I'm assuming-although I know I shouldn't-Chatham, Kent, given there are two in Canada and more than several in the US).
    Anyway, I like it a lot.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Very creative good looking wallpapers HayTay. It's always nice to be appreciated for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Very good work, Harry. I like the way the 2 Cs look like an "X", especially the chrome version.
    Thank you, Bob.

The 2 Cs and multi-point star are actually 'DC' and comprise the logo for DC Shoes. As near as I can gather, DC makes and distributes what appears to be the current rage in shoes and apparel for extreme sports athletes (skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, motocross, BMX, & auto racing) and wannabees. Those graphics are what I cobbled together after overhearing the kid lamenting that he couldn't find any cool DC wallpapers for his cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Very creative good looking wallpapers HayTay. It's always nice to be appreciated for your work.
    Gray,

Thanks for kind words. It's worth it to have kids you really don't know go out of their way to ask if you were the guy that made those 'really awesome wallpapers for the cell'. That's my 15 minutes of local fame, I guess. All the kids seem to like the 2 spinning wallpapers. Go figure! Me? I'm partial to the ones where I made the bear claw rip through the crumpled paper to expose the cell phone PCB.

I've got a different internal wallpaper I'll post if I can remember what I named, and did with, it. Of course the wallpapers I sent out didn't have the 'Created with Xara Xtreme 4' overlay on them.

Cheers,
    Harry

Ahhh, I found it. Here's the other wallpaper I constructed from a photo I sliced and diced. The photo was overlaid with several coats of a plasma fill that ware subsequently tweaked using the transparency tool.

Enjoy,
    Harry

Name:	Plasma Girl with overlay.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	53938  
    Last edited by HayTay; 25 November 2008 at 11:12 PM.

Interesting effect from the plasma fill, Harry.

Harry... I hope you took those shots yourself. Too many people think of shots they find on the net as free and clear. Particularily amongst the younger folks. They don't know what really goes into taking a good shot.

For instance, I was asked to take a few real estate pictures today of a pub for sale. Try taking a few shots inside a pub with the walls/ceiling painted black and the lights turned low... Not too easy, unless one has a flash brighter than the sun, which is not cheap.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook