Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Installing CorelDRAW 12 under Vista - Any problems?

Hi All,

I've been running CorelDRAW 12 Graphics Suite on an XP Home edition PC for a while now, with no major issues. I'm planning to move to a new PC (which will likely be Vista)...

Has anybody seen any issues running Version 12 under Vista (either home or Business editions?)

thanks in advance,
    IP

Default Re: Installing CorelDRAW 12 under Vista - Any problems?

Welcome to TG forums SteveL (... this is like talking to myself )

Like many legacy apps, to install them and run them successfully under Windows Vista you often need to start by installing and then on first run 'As Administrator'. (right-click installer, select 'Run As Administrator' - accept UAC promp. Once installed, right click program shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator' - accept UAC prompt.)

This allows the app to access the better protected Windows registry under Vista, and write the necessary values.

Once this is done, there should be no problems.
    IP

Thanks Sledger,

I saw a comment in another thread - http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=26971 - that implied that Bitstream Font Navigator in X3 doesn't work correctly under Vista unless patched

Can anyone confirm whether the CorelDraw12 version works or not? & if not, are there any patchs available? (didn't see anything on the Coreldraw site)

regards,
    IP

Font Navigator v6 build 108 shipped with X3 running under Vista Ultimate SP1 works fine. No patching done here.
    However your question was in regards to version 12 I thought rather than a more recent version of CorelDraw??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fontnavx3.png 
Views:	1352 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	54018  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 November 2008 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Add Image
    IP