Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: What resolution is your digital camera?

Voters
201. This poll is closed
  • Below 6 megapixels

43 21.39%
  • 6-6.9 megapixels

26 12.94%
  • 7-7.9 megapixels

14 6.97%
  • 8-8.9 megapixels

40 19.90%
  • 9-9.9 megapixels

4 1.99%
  • 10 or more megapixels

74 36.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What resolution is your digital camera?

That 2.0 mp Concord still works by the way... (might give it to my boy to see how he cares for it before thinking of buying him anything newer)
    IP

I have:

0.3 MP Blink camera
    2 MP camera on my LG Prada phone
    3 MP Kodak 4330
    6 MP Fujifilm F31
    9 MP Fujifilm s9600

The Prada takes worse pictures than the 0.3MP Blink.
    The Kodak doesn't have enough MP to overcome its limited 3x optical zoom.
    The Fuji s9600 has slightly more MP than it should -- but I forgive it because it has a manual 28-300 zoom.
    The Fuji F31 is a pretty much perfect match of sensor size and MP for a Point & Shoot camera. Awesomely low noise throughout its ISO range.

However... Fuji couldn't sell enough of the F31s to 'yer average punter' because it didn't have enough MP. Only the geeks knew what an exceptional camera it was -- and there weren't enough geeks.

So, bowing to market pressure, they discontinued it and released new models with higher MP which would sell in greater numbers. Naturally, the image quality (IQ) of these later cameras was worse than the F31.

And now they're talking about their forthcoming models having an IQ which will 'match or exceed that of the F31' -- a camera which was discontinued 18 months ago.
    IP

My first digital camera was a Minolta Dimage V, which had a detachable lens, with 1M cable for the lens, maximum 640 x 480 resolution cost about £600, used one set of batteries per 2MB memory card!

That said, I managed to get some wonderful photos from it... Attached pic is from the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida - That's as good as it gets!

At the time, I was also doing some industrial espionage, which involved going into varions Birthdays Greeting Cards shops, and snapping photos of their balloon display stands without anyone realising - The camera was perfect for this, as with this new state-of-the-art technology, as I didn't need to hold it up to my eye for the viewfinder. The lens also allowed me to take photos around corners or even behind me! Great fun.

3 Canon PowerShot cameras later (Which I still use the Powershop A75 3.2MP for web work), I now have a Olympus 1030SW 10.1MP camera (3648 x 2736 Max Resolution, 2GB XD+ Memory Card). At half the price of the Minolta, and considering that it's also waterproof to 10M, and mostly shockproof, I've also been very happy with the photos it takes. It's quite heavy for such a small compact camera, but robust and reliable it certainly is. I think compacts like this are the way of the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NASA Lunar Rocket Section 3.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	54248  
    IP

Mine is a Canon Rebel XTi, lovin it! It has 10.1 MP.
    My first one that I wore out had like 1 MP or something like that, so I'm thrilled with the Rebel.
    IP

Welcome to TG forums SIMcpainter.

We'd love to see some of your Rebel XTi Photo's in the Photography Forum when you're ready

Note: sig pics are not enabled at Talkgraphics
    IP