Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying Flash

Default Annoying Flash

Hi Guys and Gals

Having trouble with the code when trying to embed flash / swf files with xara.

I'm designing my whole site with Xara Xtreme 4 and so far so good. Apart from the flash that is.

I'm trying to put banners and video in my site but every time I view my site in my web browser all I see is the code. I gt the active x warning say click allow active x and the page loads just to reveal the code text.

If I create a html page with notepad using the same code everything works fine it's just when using xara.

Everything else in Xara exports to html files / pages ok it seems to be just flash.

Any helpwould be mos appreciated

Deanx

Default Re: Annoying Flash

Hi Deanx - and welcome to the TG Forums.

This has come up numerous times recently. If you use the forum search function and the keywords 'embed flash' you will find many discussions listed.
    A recent thread here was the catalyst for one member to understand the ease at which flash can now be embedded into Xara Xtreme html output.

Hi sledger

Thanks for your response.

I've searched the forums over and over but can't seem to find any definate answers. I've watched the tutorials and everything but just can't get it to work.

Like I said I used exactly the same code I pasted in my Xara web page in to notepad and that displayed my flash file fine it seems to be a fault with xara.

Maybe i'll try there webstyle package instead or convert to a different WYSISWYG and htnl editor.

Thanks again

This is where the confusion is happening.
    There's no need to paste any code into Xtremes html output source.
    You add your flash to the page as an object (rectangle shape) and then name the object as shown in the link I provided (eg: FLASH="myflash.swf").

Xtreme's html output filter adds the required code correctly.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

In the Xara tutorial it says you have to view the html code and copy and paste it into the page ok i'll try it now.

and thanks again

You can download Egg's examples here. Have a look at what he's done using named objects.

The Xara tutorial hasn't been updated since the June program update where the newer updated html output filter was added.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 16 November 2008 at 08:37 PM.

Hmmm. Maybe I need to download that update first cuz not working at the moment, I just get a blank webpage now an a recteangle lights when I hover over it with a message saying prees space or enter to activate and use this control.

I'll watch Eggs tutorial too.

Seems fine, just make sure you have put the .swf into the correct folder.
    Also makes sure that any browser flash stoppers/blockers are disabled.

In case, the updates can be found here.

I've downloaded the updates as I didn't have them whether they do anything or not is another matter.

I still can't get it working just get a blank objet in my browser.

I'll watch Eggs video tomorrow and try again.

Make sure your flash files (.swf) are in the index.htm_files folder after you export your .xar to HTML.
    If you name your .html something different, put the .swf files into the folder that shares that name.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...8&d=1226735028

Also, there have been issues with Adobe Flash 10 causing flash to not play but show just a white rectangle on the page in your browser.

If you have recently updated to Adobe Flash 10, try removing it and installing Flash 9