Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Getting rid of white edges on jpg,png,gif

I searched the forum and found this addressed once back in 2001. When I export a xar file for use in a website, I can't seem to drop the small white edge on the graphic. If I am overlaying another graphic or a colored or pattterned background, it breaks up the design. I can assemble it all in Xara first and export it as one large image, but that has some drawbacks as well.

Is there a way to export on either a transparent background to to crop to the edge of the image?

Default Re: Getting rid of white edges on jpg,png,gif

It's a limitation of the graphic format. The usual solution is to place a colour behind the graphic that you are exporting that matches that of the background it will sit on. That way you won't have a white fringe.

Paul

Best results are obtained when exporting PNG at True Color + Alpha setting.
    However IE6 and earlier doesn't natively support aplha blending and transparency.

Talking Re: Getting rid of white edges on jpg,png,gif

Well, putting the image on the same texture as I am using on the website body worked perfectly. I'm not sure what I'll do when I've got a photo going on top of a photo, but for now my immeditate problem is solved!

Many thanks!!

Even putting a photo on top of another photo and then selecting the top photo will probably work as well. You are basically breaking up the anti-aliasing around the image.

One way to get around the anti-aliasing around the edge of an image is to make sure it's properly sized and positioned on the pixel grid. I was having big problems with blurry edged pictures until I figured this out.

Make sure the width and height and x and y position of the object are whole numbers and it should export it with crisp, sharp sides instead of blurries around the edges.
    All Your Graphic Are Belong To Us