Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I suspect that the thumbnail generator has not changed which is why you can see the preview image. But that is all it is, a small preview of the image and not the actual image itself.

Gary <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what you're saying is that with Xara X1 they broke compatibility with previous versions of CorelXara and Xara X? Was this intended or is this a bug that will be fixed?

Thanks,
    Kevin.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

I think this is something that got missed in beta testing. I opened the oldest files I had, but could not remember if I had last opened them in corelxara 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, xara 2 or xara x.

I hope once charles and crew see this, they will patch this small hole. If they can...
    John/DOT

Kevin
    Grant's suggestion is the best. I've never had problems opening CorelXara generated files into XaraX. I can't even remember what files are pure CorelXara to try to duplicate your problem. Please attach one of your CorelXara files for us to test.
    Egg
    PS. Just realised I still have CorelXara installed. Did a quick drawing, saved and it it reopened in XaraX1 no problem!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I don't think CorelXara files will be the problem, rather I think they will tend to be X files with bevels, brushes, overlaping transparencies, and/or perhaps bitmap fills.

I KNOW I've had problems with older files but been in such a hurry I just reopened them with version X.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

I opened Ed's abcball.xar in x and came up with a empty file but it would not open in x1.
    John/DOT

Here is a sample file. I did not realize there were multiple versions of CorelXara. Not sure what version this file was produced with... But this one exhibits the problem I've seen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It certainly should load CorelXARA files - it is basically the same format. Looks like we've broken something in this new release. I would hope it's easy to fix and we'll provide a new download or patch.

Kevin
    Just to confirm: The file opens okay in CorelXara and XaraX but not XaraX1. You'll have to hope Charles can come up with the patch.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    Kevin
    Just to confirm: The file opens okay in CorelXara and XaraX but not XaraX1. You'll have to hope Charles can come up with the patch.
    Egg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just bought Xara X1. Is there any way that I can get a free copy of Xara X so that I can work with my old CorelXara files in the meantime?

Thanks,
    Kevin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    Kevin
    Egg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've found a similar problem - the files in question date from 1996-1997 and were probably created with the first release version of CorelXara. Example attached (chosen for brevity rather than artistic merit).
    Attached Files Attached Files