Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Name Gallery freezes and hangs

Im doing animation and it seems when the frame count gets high, the name gallery begins to slow the program down for like 10 seconds per operation. Is anyone getting this, and is there a way around it? confused:
    Just found out saving the file hangs bad when 'all frames visible' and 'edit all frames' are checked. I dont know yet if its either or both.
    The current frame count for this flash animation is about 62 including the zero-duration and background frames.
    Last edited by alpinedigital; 13 October 2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Additional information
    Yes, yes, and what if the core is made of CHEESE?

Default Re: Name Gallery freezes and hangs

Hi alpinedigital, any chance of posting your xar file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Name Gallery freezes and hangs

To my knowledge, there are no issues with large numbers of frames in the Frame gallery and Xara's performance. However, there is a known issue relating to having large numbers of objects in the document and having the Name gallery open. There is some bug in Xara in which the tree structure is scanned after every operation with the Name gallery open which becomes inefficient if there are thousands of objects to scan through. The workaround is to close the Name gallery and only open it when necessary under such instances. This pretty much renders the Name gallery somewhat useless in these cases which is a shame as it is very powerful.