Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Line Control

Default Line Control

Something has bugged me for awhile about Xtreme and lines. Just not enough to really dig into it.

Now I would like to know though.

Is it possible to have a line on an object, say a simple rectangle, that is only applied to the outside of the fill? As opposed to having it centered over the edge of the object.

I've been dropping a duplicate object with no line on top of my lined object in order cover the portion of the line that is on the inside.

Do we have more control over lines and I just don't see it?

Thanks,

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Default Re: Line Control

As far as I understand, it's because outlines are not considered 'objects' (though you can convert an outline to an object)
    Your method is standard practice for many sign writing applications as well (Signlab for example) where outlines are created by layers (especially for vinyl cutting).

Brushed lines can have an offset but not the standard lines. Would be nice thing to have though.

Christine

I suppose everyone knows Adobe Illustrator lets you choose to 'stroke' the centre, inside or outside of a line. It is a very useful feature for accurate work but probably not so important to artistic stuff. Graphic Design vs Fine Art... Though it would be a worthwhile addition to Xara I think.
    Now webmaster at Design Reviews
    Design Tzar at Ebbs Studio

That's as I thought.

I would be really nice to have the ability to offset lines. Both Illy and Draw can do it, and I frequently use it when I'm in those apps.

I've been making an effort to use Xtreme as much as possible. This is one area I think Xara could strengthen.

Thanks for the info!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?