Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PSP X2:Text with a white background

Does it need to be a box? If you use black text with a white contour, it should be legible on any background.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Does it need to be a box? If you use black text with a white contour, it should be legible on any background.
    Thanks for the reply, Keith.

I tried that. It worked on _most_ stuff, but in areas that were complex and high contrast it still was a bit tough to read. These are shots of a trip to show the family, and there are several anno-challenged people who will be looking. I wanted the writing to be as clear as possible.

EDIT: I made an assumption. What do you mean by contour?

I even tried setting the vector layer to various types. But again such settings as Difference would work Ok until it got complex.

Given my woes and the weird batch behaviour of PSP, I may have to settle for what you suggest, trying different line widths and maybe shadows etc.

Nick
    IP

By contour, I meant a white edge to the letters - almost like a white line with a black fill, except the contours touch to give a continuous white background (Forgive me I use Xara not PSP so don't know what the PSP terms are) - basically its a white background that follows the shape of the letters - yes, thats a better description.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Ok. Thanks Keith. That is what I was using. I think it's foreground white, background/fill black.

As I said it worked in many cases but not so well in "busy" parts of the shot....bushes, water etc.

I sussed out the batch behaviour. It's certainly a silly thing. Although the script names the sub-folder, you have to _nominate_ it when you run the batch.....

Nick
    IP