Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Animation in a Website

When I go to make a new animation (this is my first time doing so) it brings up a new window. Can I put an animation in my website though created in Xara? Will I have to export/import it?

Default Re: Animation in a Website

Ok, I have officially made the animation I wanted and I don't see how its possible to make it worth with my website in the making...Am I able to put an animation into a Xara created web page?

Yes,

Check this post out

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ing+flash+HTML

Hope that helps.

D

OMG YES dduran, that DOES help! Thank you! No one was replying to this though there were tons of views and I was afraid no one would come to my rescue! Thank you!!

Spunky, as dduran has shown - plenty of help is already available at TG.
    As dduran has shown, a simple keyword search (in this case, flash + HTML) of the forums will often bring you an answer to the same FAQ's.

Ok sledger, I will try to utilize the search button more.

Problem regarding that thread though. I did what it said. But, I ran into a problem before that it seems. Cuz it didn't work. But I realized the flash in general doesn't seem to work. Like if I preview it in Xara it works just fine (or at least the flash does..not the GIF animation..), but if I double click the .swf file in the folder it doesnt do anything, just appears how it was last saved..Including showing any images I had off the white area (that slid into the white area for movement). Thing is though, I had previously created this same anumation..but forgot to actually save it and I only exported it. But it had worked no problem then..I think even the GIF animation preview worked..but the .swf file in my folder definetly worked cuz I was still able to show it to my friend. But now, I dont know what I did wrong..or different..I created it..made sure each picture was named so they could be tweened..and then exported as a .swf..right? Thats all there is to it? I just don't understand why the .swf file isn't working.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Spunky,

While I cannot be certain, I suspect that what you have done is saved your file as a static SWF. What this means is you have only saved the individual graphics and not the animation. If I am correct, you went to File|Export and selected SWF as a file type. What you should have done was go to File|Export Animation and selected Animated Flash (.swf) as your file type. While I hope that I am wrong (because you will have to start over from scratch if not), I don't think that I am.

I suppose you could look on the bright side and say that you have learned a valuable lesson about saving your work (.xar) files.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

As Eric says, always - ALWAYS - ALWAYS save the .xar files otherwise you have to start again every time you decide to make a change etc.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ok, thank you thank you thank you Eric! I dont know why the first time I made the animation I would have selected "Export Animation" but not this time. But oh well now I know for sure, thank you!!

Yea ss-kalm, I had learned the hard way, fortunately it was a very simple animation and hadn't required much effort to make it.