Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Color editor and other errors

Open Xtreme, open the color editor, click on its title bar, scroll your scroll wheel down, and a box stating that only named colors can be spot colors appears. Then click cancel and then click on your document. The color picker disappears from the color editor. Using newest version.

Also, the Customize key short-cuts has the problem in it where it doesn't totally expand the dropdown items in Windows 2000 in the 'Command categories' option, as an earlier version of 4 didn't do so in the other places combo-boxes are used.

Default Re: Color editor and other errors

Yes the colour picker disappears for me also, but I have to select 'Spot Color' from the select list. Clicking the title bar & scrolling does nothing for me in Vista Ultimate.
    Canceling the pop-up and clicking the document causes the picker to disappear as you say.

Also, the Customize key short-cuts has the problem in it where it doesn't totally expand the dropdown items in Windows 2000
    This works fine (fully expanded) in Vista Ult.
    Perhaps building Xtreme4 with the latest version of C++ has made this visible change for W2K ?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    ...Perhaps building Xtreme4 with the latest version of C++ has made this visible change for W2K ?
    This bug was pointed out earlier with Xtreme 4.0 with other combo drop-down items in Win2000. The developers just overlooked the shortcut customizer when they did their fix.

I regularly get this happening in the colour picker the only solution is to save the doc. come out of Xara and restart.

Don't have your problems with "Keyboard Short Cuts " however I remember the colour picker doing this in previous version.
    Design is thinking made visual.