Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Another Of My PDF's Don't Match File

Exporting to PDF and I just can't seem to get along. First off, the file that I'm producing. For some reason, the line around the text (there are actually 2 lines) is 2 colors. I only want it to be one, and removing it and starting over still produces a 2-color line. I gave up after an hour or so and was just going to use the 2-color line until I exported it to PDF. The outline of each letter varies from letter to letter, although all were produced at the same time to be the same color. Any idea where the double 2-color line came from, or why it looks like it does? Files are attached. Thanks for all your help!

EDIT:
    I managed to make a file with a single 1-color border (test3.jpg and test3a.jpg), but it still exports different colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	51914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test3.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	51916  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test3a.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	51917  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jimhanus; 11 September 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Default Re: Another Of My PDF's Don't Match File

The test Xar shows two colours because the text has a 40% transparency and you are getting the fill colour behind half of the line. If you highlight the text and remove the transparency everything should be fine. This should also fix the PDF as I don't think that PDF handles transparency.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes, it looks like even if I add the border after the transparency (so the border is solid), it somehow affects the border also in the PDF. Thanks!

If you detach the text from the elipse you will have text converted to a shape. However if you then try to remove the transparency you'll see that it is still partially transparent. If you ungroup it again and select all and then remove the transparency you can then either re-group and apply an outline or clone and apply an outine to the clone. If you want the fill to be partially transparent you have to have the outline and the fill seperate. However when you now re-group and export as a PDF it does not give the appearance of a double outline.
    Derek
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by masque; 11 September 2008 at 04:09 PM.

I didn't know you could detach the text from the shape. That worked fine, and it even makes sense to me. Thanks for all your help!

Try this - Set outline to no-colour with required transparency on - clone - set fill to no-colour and remove the transparency. The non transparent outline should be on top and should mask the transparent one.

What do you need the transparency to do?

EDIT - You replied while I was otherwise occupied. Glad you got it sorted.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.