Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trial web site

Default trial web site

I had problems with uploading a few test pages a little while ago but having solved that problem I produced a mock web site to test a couple of effects I had in mind. Here:
    http://www.greenleafgraphics.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    Can someone have a look and tell me if its OK in various browsers and if it loads fairly quickly etc. Most of the content is giberish its the mouse over effects on a couple of line drawings I was testing.
    Derek

Default Re: trial web site

I like your website design very much Derek.

Everything works very well in IE7. I like the mouse over effects although I was wondering why the contact page does not include the outline view the same as the Home and Graphics pages.

Using Firefox 3.0 the mouse over effect on the Graphics page does not fire until the mouse is to the far right of the outline image.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I didn't want to over do it with the same effect, particularly until I new it worked and its only a trial. I also want to see if it can be taken further with different view and states for the same image etc.
    Firefox mouse over not working until its to the far side is a concern as I've no idea what to do about it, except experiment further.
    Thanks for looking
    Derek
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 07 September 2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg

Works fine in my new browser, Google Chrome Derek.
    Stygg2003

Interesting design Derek. The site has a bit of a brooding atmosphere though - a bit at odds with my concept of a green leaf. Beautiful artwork (as usual).

Paul

very nice Derek

like Bill I found the mouse over problem on the graphics page - it is fine approached from top - right - bottom, it's only approaching from the left that it does not take until you are right across.. EDIT - sorry FFox 3.0.1 just to be clear
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Wink Re: trial web site

I like brooding, I'm not really capable of cheery, don't trust it, dark forests have green leaves in them and they are always interesting places, photographs on dim wet days are usually more interesting than on bright sunny days. I know what you mean though and theres nothing about this thats set in stone and no particular rush. Just wanted to know it was going right.
    Derek
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 07 September 2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg

I really like it derek the graphics and the effects but I always have a problem with black web pages as we very rarely read black pages in books, we are always reading usually on white pages. White for me always adds space to a page and easier on the eyes...tj

Very beautiful design and surprising effect on contact site. I have tested the site in Opera as well and it works ok.
    Sven-Ingvar

I like it Derek.

But it needs more Derek personality in it. It seems too generic.