Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do I make a Tga-bitmap with Alpha Cannel and Transparancy?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You could adjust the opacity/transparency in Xtreme with the Transparency Tool (F6) before you export to PNG+Alpha.
    Sounds simple.I'm going to try that.I let you know if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baily
    You can vary transparency by using shades of gray on the transparency (alpha channel) map.
    White = 0% transparency
    Black = 100% transparency
    Gray scale = every thing in between.
    Can I do that in Xara or do I have to use e.g Photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by alexbozhenov
    Please don't forget to show your skin when you finish it )) We will be glad to see it.

That of course I wil!
    Until now I managed to create everything with Xara.It would be nice to do it completly with a minimum use of other programs.
    So far I only have to us Stardock Skinstudio to put all the images together.

First I'm going to try the transparancy-tool today and see what happens.

Sincerely Ben

Default Re: How do I make a Tga-bitmap with Alpha Cannel and Transparancy?

Quote Originally Posted by BenUgly View Post
    ...Can I do that in Xara or do I have to use e.g Photoshop?
    You can do it in Xara, although you may get disgusted over the fact that when applying a bitmap transparency, the bitmap is not kept at the same aspect ratio as you designed the mask at.

In the attached, I created the mask layout on the second layer, made a bitmap copy of that layer on the third layer, and applied it as a transparency to one of the objects on the first layer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up Re: How do I make a Tga-bitmap with Alpha Cannel and Transparancy?

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    You can do it in Xara, although you may get disgusted over the fact that when applying a bitmap transparency, the bitmap is not kept at the same aspect ratio as you designed the mask at.

In the attached, I created the mask layout on the second layer, made a bitmap copy of that layer on the third layer, and applied it as a transparency to one of the objects on the first layer.
    Yes!!! That kind of transparency was I looking for.
    Thanks for your example I just tried a same sort of example as yours and like "Sledger" mentioned before.
    It works and the aspect ratio as I designed stayed the same.
    So I don't need to work like in your example,but your example helped me a whole lot.

Many thanks to you all.

The next days I designe some elements for my first Skin for Windows and will post it here.

Sincerely Ben