Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Urgent help! PDF export / Bitmap export bug!

I exported all background images as bitmaps, blew them up in Photoshop, put it all back together in Illustrator - Xara couldn't export any background image with 12000pixel with to pdf and gives some errors when exporting it. Handling large bitmaps seems to work better in Illustrator when it comes to PDF creation.

Xara couldn't export any background image with 12000pixel with to pdf
    Yeah. This has come up several times, but unfortunately Xara's previous responses have been along the lines of “more than 10000px? But that's insanely huge! If you even want that you must be doing it wrong!”.

But times change and some of us really do need huge images for legitimate and varied reasons. Let's have this fixed in X5. Please! I'll bake you a special cake Xara!

Quote Originally Posted by BobInce View Post
    Yeah. This has come up several times, but unfortunately Xara's previous responses have been along the lines of “more than 10000px? But that's insanely huge! If you even want that you must be doing it wrong!”.
    Uhm.. right.. i imported my blown up bitmap (the printer company demanded on a 150dpi+ image) 16000x12000 pixel into illustrator, added the vector and text typography on top and exported it as PDF/X straight out from illustrator, no hastle. Xara couldn't do it and ended up with an error. Different tasks, different programs.