Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Urgent help! PDF export / Bitmap export bug!

So you got an answer )

Your export resolution is too high. Try to export as 50 dpi for example, just to see...

I have to go at work right now... Will check your posts a bit later )
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

i'll go insane.. even 30 dpi crashes.. i'm really stuffed. next time i just have to use a really simple background, didn't know that its gonna be so much trouble..

I'm still using Xtreme 3.2, so maybe somewhat was lost.

But I made one layer, group, then place your stuff in 200x130 cm Clip.
    Then made Bitmap just inside Xtreme with 24-bit color at 96 dpi.
    Got the bitmap and placed it in place of clip then export as tiff at 96 dpi.
    All works fine. See screen -- this is what I see in your file... (remember about my Xtreme version though). Tiff is about 120 mb )
    Export tiff as pdf from Xtreme, works fine, the file size is about 5 mb )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	51686  
    Last edited by alexbozhenov; 03 September 2008 at 02:53 AM.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Xcellent, you're working with vector images so are you working at such a large scale. To see your drawing the zoom is set to 10%, You can't see it all at 100%.

If you're creating a banner 2m long it's obviously to be viewed at a distance and doesn't require a high dpi. I couldn't say what dpi it/the printer needs but I would have thought 150 dpi would be okay.

There's a lot of strange things going on in your file. I suspect it's a lot to do with all those transparency types. Half the time I can't even see the "Action For Health" text.

What happens if you create a new layer, and create a rectangle that envelopes the image you wish to export. Set the rectangle to No Fill No Line. Then hit File / Export

Here's what I get using a scaled down version of your file.

Name:	jpg.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	51687  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Just placed a psd file and resize it as 2x1,3 m then exported as tiff at 200 dpi with no problems -- to avoid 16 000 pix limitation for exporting... Took 3-5 seconds ) So definitely the problem is in your drawing..
    Last edited by alexbozhenov; 03 September 2008 at 03:13 AM.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Here's a 200 dpi of part of your image. (obviously displayed here at 96 dpi)

Name:	png.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	51689  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 03 September 2008 at 03:32 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Morning Alex, yes that's some wired file. Things appear and disappear in it!
    Egg

My advice for such a large image is just this: Simplify.
    You can get a better result if you reduce the number of shapes and simplify the design.
    Then try to export it again.
    - Andy

Alex you can see the effect the tiff has on the colour it darkens it down. I think the problem here is the use of the Mould Tool and the increase is scaling done here remember the text is still editable. As Egg pointed out we have shapes appearing and disappearing when you move them. Andy if I were in your shoes here and did not want to change the design by reducing the elements of the design I would be working on a smaller art board and scaling up using a png or tiff file. This is where it gets hard to calculate so have a look at this thread when I do it I never get the calculation correct and have go back but it does work: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32517

If on the other hand you keep it all vector you can easily try scaling it up to your sizes after saving it as a PDF on the smaller scale. Your printer is going to love you with that amount of transparencies and you may have problems as when you export to PDF the trans. will be rasterized and they will loose some definition. My experience with trans. is not that good because of the increase in complexity where the trans. overlaps other areas and in your case these are also trans. If you can increase the number of layers with each type of shape having there own layer then make a bitmap copy of that layer and hide the vector layer by un-ticking in the layers dialogue box and work your way through your drawing with the text layer to the top. The text layer must be a the top. I hope this helps and if you have a desk top laser try proofing it out by scaling down your drawing to get a very rough idea if it will print the way that you want it. This all takes time to get a decent output so you may miss your deadline.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Yes, I saw that... But I thought it's because my 3.2 version... And yes, it was magically appear and disappear again )))
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC