Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Urgent help! PDF export / Bitmap export bug!

I'm in a very tight deadline, this artwork suppose to be sent off any minute to the printer and xara crashes to export the image as PDF or bitmap (the bitmap simply looks wrong in high resolution 6000 pixel+!). It is just a background, there's some typography as plain text ontop of that which i removed in the attached .xar.

It's gonna be printed on a 2m x 1.3m vinyl banner (IF i can make it work!). I'm in trouble..

Anyone, any clues??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Xcellent; 03 September 2008 at 12:02 AM.

Default Re: Urgent help! PDF export / Bitmap export bug!

Xcellent, one of your problems is your using a lighten transparency. PDF doesn't like transparencies. I would say a 6000 ppi bitmap would always look rubbish if viewed on a 96 ppi monitor unless you zoomed in a long way.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

My system does not include Agfa Rotis or Bolster bold fonts.

Not sure what you want exported, you have a large graphic on two layers covering a small page?

The artwork, is it imported from another program? Xtreme warns that it contains transparency types that cannot be saved as a bitmap (even png + alpha).

I can't do anything with the file as I get an Out Of Memory error.
    Xtreme isn't really suited the files of this size is it.

1. Make ClipViews as your paper size
    2. select all (except text) and export as tiff (don't use very high resolution for your tiff.)
    3. make new file, place exported tiff and put back text
    4. try to export as pdf. is crashed, export all stuff as bitmap. (and i guess it would be crashed since you have such sizes...)
    Last edited by alexbozhenov; 03 September 2008 at 01:20 AM.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Thanks, i'll try to fix the lighten transparency to a standard transparency.

> The artwork, is it imported from another program?
    No, the artwork is entirely created in Xara, no other software was used.

I only want to export the entire background image as a true color bitmap (without alpha) but i get an error when exporting it 8000ppi+ 'out of memory'...

Quote Originally Posted by alexbozhenov View Post
    1. Make ClipViews as your paper size
    2. select all (except text) and export as tiff (don't use very high resolution for your tiff.)
    3. make new file, place exported tiff and put back text
    4. try to export as pdf. is crashed, export all stuff as bitmap. (and i guess it would be crashed since you have such sizes...)
    Thanks I'll try to do that and let you know how it turns out.

8000 ppi ???????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Xcellent View Post
    I only want to export the entire background image as a true color bitmap (without alpha) but i get an error when exporting it 8000ppi+ 'out of memory'...
    That means you're trying to export at tooooo large resolution. It's impossible.

Make me clear please, what final resolution you are going to achieve for 2 x 1,3 m drawing? (or tell me pdf export filter settings for resolution).
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    8000 ppi ???????????????????????????????
    Steve, I guess it's a part of error message when exporting... )))
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Quote Originally Posted by alexbozhenov View Post
    That means you're trying to export at tooooo large resolution. It's impossible.

Make me clear please, what final resolution you are going to achieve for 2 x 1,3 m drawing? (or tell me pdf export filter settings for resolution).
    It's a vinyl banner 2 meter x 1.3 meter. I'd like at least 100 DPI (7984 pixel width) for the background - as long it looks good i'm happy to export any resolution, as long xara plays along to export the artwork..

Try #1
    File > Export > PDF > Commercial printing > Advanced options > Objects > Convert text into shapes (on), Rasterization Resolution 300 DPI = CRASH (Internal program error 3493.k.xp.gn)

Try #2
    File > Export > PDF > Commercial printing > Advanced options > Objects > Convert text into shapes (on), Rasterization Resolution 150 DPI = CRASH (Internal program error 3493.k.xp.gn)

I still can't export the background by itself - it always crashes or i get an out of memory error by export resultions of 2000ppi! damn...
    Last edited by Xcellent; 03 September 2008 at 01:55 AM.