Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Talking Re: Glossy-Shine effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    ...This last year I seem to see more and more short and sarcastic replys which, as a neutral reader, seem to insult and embarass many new members which a good way discourage them from writing again...
    Spot on Frank, I too have noticed a jaundiced attitude towards "newbie" posters, which must be somewhat off-putting. Hopefully those who are responsible (you know who you are) will read, learn and inwardly digest.

@Bill, you are the business, and you are working too hard on your day job.
    You never did divulge what your latest job is, hope it is in the field in which you like to work.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Glossy-Shine effect?

Hi Bob,

I'm currently employed as a stocking clerk at the local Wal-Mart. I'm helping with the remodeling of another store that is an hour drive from home.

Two hour round trip and 9 to 12 hours work make for some long days (working at night .
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bob,

you're right, but partially )

I don't know, but maybe you have noticed some people who want to get something (here at forum) for nothing, without making any efforts? How often do you see topics like a "Help! Design a .... for me!" (actually should read "instead of me") etc.?

Questions are very different, and it's very good when people trying to get some results on their own. In other case, they would never learn (imho).

It's good to overcome any troubles, it allows to learn and grow up.
    Last edited by alexbozhenov; 03 September 2008 at 06:19 PM.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

This topic seems to be wandering all over the place, so I'll keep it brief. I agree with you Alex, there are some who want something for nothing but there are others who genuinely want to learn, and sometimes the responses they have had have made them defensive, when it is only their lack of experience with the software that causes them to ask what seem to experienced users to be obvious questions. It is difficult, especially as we seem to be answering the same types of questions over and over, perhaps there ought to be a "How To" section on the forum, where people can be directed for their beginners' questions, at least they would all be in the same place, and easier to search for previously posted answers. The problem with The XaraXone, which is the obvious place for beginners to visit, is where to start a search, there is just so much information for a newcomer to take in.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I'll keep it even briefer ..... No matter what the question, there is no reason for any of us not to be polite. Even if we are saying no, we should do it politely.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

me just human - I do however try
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

All good points and politeness should never give way to sarcasm.

Bob I like the idea of an easier to use help system for new comers, the problem is a system that suits all new comers?

However, we are off topic.

Soquili i absolutely love your work! So beautiful!

Thanks Chris, very kind of you.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Dissecting a .xar is great fun, a great way to learn.

Bill, thanks for the examples.