Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image Map Issue..

Hi all,
    I made an image map for the store I am making. Its bassically a custom navbar. Below is one of the links I need to use. It just isnt having the > at the end. Anyone know why and how to get around it?
    http://chowardsdirect.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=LOGN&Store_Code=&mvt:global:se cure_sessionurl;Screen=LOGN&Order=0&Store_Code=&mv t:global:Store_Code;">

Thanks for your time,
    Mike

Default Re: Image Map Issue..

Hi Mike, not 100% sure of your problem but I would suggest that there's an error in your URL. There's a closing set of "Speach Marks" ( " ) without and opening set. If you remove these from the URL the log-in page loads correctly.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, My problems is that the ecommerce software has its own code to make the url. So I cant seem to come up with a url. The code generates a unique session ID with every visit.
    Here is the code:

<a href="&mvt:global:secure_sessionurl;Screen=LOGN&Or der=0&Store_Code=&mvt:global:Store_Code;">

I have tried all kinds of variations of it as well.
    Anyone know how to get it to work, or is it not possible?
    Thanks for your time,
    Mike

&mvt:global:secure_sessionurl; - That's an entity reference that is replaced with the *actual* basic URL by your Miva templating system. As a straight link in a static HTML file there is no way it is ever going to work. You will have to edit Xtreme's output to fit the templating system you are using.

Also, you should be using &mvte:global:secure_sessionurl; (with the extra 'e') to get a proper, HTML-encoded URL output. The same problem affects your other parameters: using a straight, unescaped ampersand as a separator is not valid HTML and if you are unlucky with parameter names it will break in some or all browsers. A literal ampersand in HTML attributes such as 'href' *must* be escaped to '&amp;' - unfortunately Xtreme's HTML export forgets to do this, which is one of the ways it can generate invalid (non-well-formed) code.

(Note, don't &amp;-escape the ampersand in the &mvt:...; bits - these are real entity references to be picked up by the templating system, not actually a literal ampersand!)

So to summarise, I guess the code in your template should read:

Code:
    <a href="&mvt:global:secure_sessionurl;Screen=LOGN&amp;Order=0&amp;Store_Code=&mvt:global:Store_Code;">
    If your webapp server supports using semicolons instead of ampersands for separators you can alternatively use the slightly more readable:

Code:
    <a href="&mvt:global:secure_sessionurl;Screen=LOGN;Order=0;Store_Code=&mvt:global:Store_Code;">