Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Having trouble adding fills and brushes to Xtreme 4

I downloaded some fills and brushes from Xara Xone, but even after reading the instructions given, I am unable to add them to Xtreme Pro 4. I unzipped and extracted the files to a folder on my flash drive. When I went to add them to Xara I could access the folder where they reside, but the files didn't come up. I'm a bit confused. Any help would be appreciated.
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Having trouble adding fills and brushes to Xtreme 4

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference raptormoonx

Basically you just open the XAR file.

The brushes should be available in the Line Gallery > New Brush Strokes folder.

Let me know if this does not work.

I tried it with one of the brushes I downloaded at it came up in the gallery. Do I do the same with the fills I downloaded? Also, do these brushes and fills stay in their respective galleries permanently, or do I have to load them each time I start the program? Thanks!
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

RaptorMoonX, etc.

Brushes (saved in a XAR file) can be saved in the Templates > Default Brushes > Brushes folder. (C:\Program Files > Xara > Xara Xtreme 4.0 etc.)

It has been so long since I saved a brush library I forgot how. Fortunately, I spelled it out in the Brushes and Fills page:

To add any of the fill collections to Xara, first download the files from this site. Create a new folder and extract the Zipped files to this new folder. Open the Fill Gallery and press the Disc Fills... button. Browse to the new folder containing the fills. Select the file name and press Add. Xara will display a message informing you that no index exists for these fills and would you like one to be created. Press Create and Xara will create a new folder with small thumbnail images. That’s all there is to it.
    Gary

Hi Raptor I have just this very moment discovered an easy way to permanently add your new brushes to Xara. Open whatever folder you have unzipped and loaded all your brushes in. Then simply select all the brushes you want then go to the left on the page and select copy then go to your program files folder, xara, templates, brushes and when the window that opens asks you to copy then click copy and they will all automatically be loaded into whatever xara program you choose. I haven't yet tried this method with fills but I think that it will work with those as well.

Manny