Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default [Solved]Exporting text on semitransp background

HI All,

I have a section of a background graphic which is semitransparent, and want to place a text image on top of the semitransparent background. So I have tried duplicating the semitransp. background then writing on top of it, then tried to export the text. However when I do this the resulting text has terrible white fringing around it. Anyone got any ideas on how to do it properly please?
    What I want to do is what they have on csszengarden, and have the text within the xhtml but overlay this with an image of the same text, and set the xhtml text to hidden.

Cheers
    Andy

EDIT: Problem solved, just played about with it a bit more and seems to work now. Not exactly sure what the issue was, but seems good now.
    Last edited by AndyD; 28 August 2008 at 03:46 PM.

Default Re: Exporting text on semitransp background

For web use, the object you're exporting needs to be sized in whole pixels, and the x,y coordinates have to be whole pixels.

Normally, Xtreme does an excellent job of antialiasing against the background, so you might try checking your pixel values.

Default Re: [Solved]Exporting text on semitransp background

Many thanks for the advice. Not exactly sure what the problem was.

Many thanks for the comments and advice. I'll need to pay special attention to the full sized pixels in future.

Cheers
    Andy