Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default History Quickscripts. Where are they?

I was actually going to use the Quickscript generated for a photo to store a history for it, so I can keep a record. But when I Save the QS, it just saves, without indicating a name etc.

What name and location am I looking for?

Thanks for any help.

Nick
    IP

Default Re: History Quickscripts. Where are they?

Hi Nick, I don't use scripts in PSP, but I would imagine they are saved in your My Documents/My PSP Files/Scripts Folder.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Thanks Bob.

You are right. Oooooohhh Ah HATE that My Documents wabbit! <G>

The script get saved as a temp file, no date etc.

I actually have used scripts, but as I say I wanted to use this as a record of the actions to the particular photo concerned. Now I know where it is and what it looks like, I will have to rename and save each one.

It's set up pretty much only to allow the same history to be applied to current-session images.

Maybe I should write a script to rename the QuickScript! <G>

Feel like a feature request coming on.

Nick
    IP

Im pretty certain it gives an option to name it. But you can always rename it after you have saved it.
    IP

It seems to me that PSP has gone downhill since Corel took over, it has a few new features, but it is getting clunkier to use. Version 8 was great, but X1 would do nothing but crash on my system, hence never used. I have X2 but I must say that I still use 8 far more frequently. Glad you found the scripts folder, Nick. I suppose that somewhere deep in the bowels of PSP X2 that you can change from the detestable My Documents folder to something more useful.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

The transparency problem when X1 was launched stopped me even trialing it. I have bought X2 partly because of the PSPuser group discount code enabling me to get it for £24 inc vat. well worth that amount for the little that was new in it. I often wonder If I would have paid the normal £50. X2 works well for me apart from Mesh warp. Holding the ctrl or shift key to move a row or colum means I have a problem grabbing the node and need many attempts not so in in X or 9.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    It seems to me that PSP has gone downhill since Corel took over, it has a few new features, but it is getting clunkier to use. Version 8 was great, but X1 would do nothing but crash on my system, hence never used. I have X2 but I must say that I still use 8 far more frequently. Glad you found the scripts folder, Nick. I suppose that somewhere deep in the bowels of PSP X2 that you can change from the detestable My Documents folder to something more useful.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Hehe! Yes. It's the Preferences stuff. I am going to place it where I know whgere it is so I back it up regularly.

I have upgraded to X2 because it has the really nice idea of the quick redo. If you have lost of RAM it's really nice for comparing the "done" vs the "undone". But so far as you say it's getting harder to find the "basics" that I used to do some realy powerful stuff in PSP9. The "one shot wonders" that have been vaunted in X@ are....OK. But do not test them under tough conditions.

I always avoided the "one shot" stuff that was available even in PSP under Jasc. It doe a job, but not _my_ job! <G>

Nick
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Im pretty certain it gives an option to name it. But you can always rename it after you have saved it.

hmmm. If It does it has to be in preferences. I saved and it just went to a "temp" type name in My Documents.

I will check it out. If I do have to keep renaming I still feel a feature request coming on! <G>

Nick
    IP

In version X2, they have the name "QuickScriptTemp.PspScript" and can be found in the primary (i.e. listed first) folder under the "Scripts-Trusted" location. In my case, this turned out to be under the ../program files/corel/..../EN/scripts-trusted folder. In yours it may be the ../my documents/my psp/scripts-trusted folder.

JerryB
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybarton View Post
    In version X2, they have the name "QuickScriptTemp.PspScript" and can be found in the primary (i.e. listed first) folder under the "Scripts-Trusted" location. In my case, this turned out to be under the ../program files/corel/..../EN/scripts-trusted folder. In yours it may be the ../my documents/my psp/scripts-trusted folder.

JerryB
    Yep. Thanks. It was under mydocs. I can fix that, but I wish there was an option to name the file, or at least time stamp it, rather than have to looking and rename it.

I have asked for the idea of having some way to embed the history of a photo before we even _had_ the History as it is now IIRC. This is a compromise.

Nick
    IP