Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default X2. Can't set Range in edge seeker

I thought I was supposed to be able to, and in PSP9 I could, but when I use the edge seeker, the Range section is greyed out.

Help says it should be available.

Am I using a wrong setting? ANy suggestions about what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help

Nick
    IP

Default Re: X2. Can't set Range in edge seeker

It works fine for me, Nick, but I find the Range section is greyed out when selecting Freehand, Point to Point and Smart Edge...how odd!
    The same results with PSP X, so I imagine that's how the selection freehand tool is set up. But I'm afraid it doesn't answer your question, though.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	51509  
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 25 August 2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Correction
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

My memory betrayed me. In PSP 9 the wording is "You can only use the Range in Edge Seeker". It's worded a bit differently in X2. Also I was using the wrong terminology. I was using Smart Edge (the rectangle) not Edge Seeker.

So I was rather muxed ip.

Nick
    IP

Glad you got that sorted, Nick. Solved the mystery of the greyed out boxes in the other Selection Tool selections, too.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Hehe. Well I hope it helps _someone_. I feel a bit daft.

Nick
    IP

Nick, the little () icon is there for a reason! You'd be surprised how often it's used. We all do it, so my advice is to pay it no mind.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    IP

Hah! So I should be about using the ? <G>

Nick
    IP