Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animated Gif

I was trying to output an animated gif with transparency in parts but when I set the gif to be transparent it does not pick up the background color but actually adds a few white pixels around the edge which looks really bad. I don't know if this is a bug or if I am not doing it right. I did set the page background color but whenever you turn on transparency in gif export it then makes your background color completely dissapear on the drawing. I am attaching the file that I was having trouble with.

s.g.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was trying to output an animated gif with transparency in parts but when I set the gif to be transparent it does not pick up the background color but actually adds a few white pixels around the edge which looks really bad. I don't know if this is a bug or if I am not doing it right. I did set the page background color but whenever you turn on transparency in gif export it then makes your background color completely dissapear on the drawing. I am attaching the file that I was having trouble with.

s.g.

Hello SG,

There is no problem here. I just put a transparent rectangle over your button, and saved the animated gif.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Errr, I don't understand. That animation is not transparent nor does it have any transparency that I can tell. It is just a rectangle with the background included which is not what I was having trouble with. I can export with the background no problem in Xara it's when you turn on transparency that it does not work right. It should pick up a little of the blue from the background where the edges of the text and blinker touch the background. The rest should be transparent.

s.g.

SG,
    Only one frame has the box checked for Transparency. Let me try to post the result over gray.

dafipp

update: My mistake that setting carries over from frame to frame.....I don't know .... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

the result:

What I am trying to do is export the gif as transparent just as if you were exporting a transparent gif in xara outside of the animation editor it would pick up some blue around the area that was transparent from the background. But as you can see in the following image when you turn on make transparent in the gif animation export features it makes the gif background color white and picks up some of that white in the visible part of the image. It doesn't matter what color you make your page background it always goes back to white when you turn on transparency. Am I making any sense or am I just missing something here. I mean if it works one way in Xara it should work the same wasy in Xara's animation export right?

s.g.http://www.lucidpixel.com/test/livejpg.jpg

Have you tried exporting the frames from Xara with your fringe of blue and then combining those two images in the animation editor as the two frames?

Actually I don't know what would be the point with that. I can get the blue if I really want to by making it non transparent but then it doesn't solve the problem of how to make a transparent animated gif. Anyways that would require a lot of extra steps which wouldn't result in any real solution. What I really want to know is if this is the way Xara has always worked and if I am doing something wrong here or is it a bug. Or a feature http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I mean there are situations in web design where using transparency in a gif are imortant that is the whole reason why the feature exists.

s.g.

My solution.....I don't know the why it is like that.

dafipp