Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animated Gif

I will post the same file made in Corel Xara with a red background and you can see that it picks up some of the red around the objects that you export. The problem that SG is having and has been a bug ever since the move to Xara X from Corel Xara. If any of you have Corel Xara on your computer still try it and you will see this is true. Some of the older members here should be able to confirm this. Hey Xara how about a patch to fix this ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Only had a few moment to play last night and the tansparency came through the first time I created it, then I tried reducing the number of colors and I recevied the white. Got called away and did not make it back to verify/duplicate.

Mike, you were right about the missalignment thing but that had nothing to do with the bug or the problem. They still showed up after fixing that. Turning view quality to normal doesn't help either. Only makes it look aliased. Bruce is right, it used to work in Corel Xara, now it doesn't. There is another bug inside the animation editor as well. When you set your background to transparent on the options. Then preview the animation in the xara preview window then go back and turn the background to opaque again and it does not restore the color you had on the page. You have to do another preview of the animation then minimize xara or scroll the screen to get your background to show back up. At least that's what happens for me.

s.g.

Hi SG,

What you describe is how it is working for me. Once you use the make background transparent the background becomes white. Until you change it to another colour and then minimize and restore it remains white. I don't recall this happening with the original download of XaraX, but I know it has happened since one of the patches was made available for the original XaraX CD and continues in XaraX1.

Just searched for an old animation I made that didn't have the problem. Jello Animation was made in Feb 2002 and the problem didn't exist then, and I'm still using the same hardware.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bummer, sorry that didn't help much. As I think about what your doing, First thing that comes to mind is that you are animating a lot of static space. The blinking light is the only animation, yet you included the text adding a lot of data to the file, Why? Also, your having problems using gif transparency. Why not match the background color of the web page, no transparency problems.

Take care.