Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Painter 8 versus Painter X

Quote Originally Posted by stafism View Post
    i have painter x an it seems pretty cool but ive only jus started usin that, does anyone know of any tutorials?
    There are loads of tutorials available on these two sites:

Corel Painter Studio - The Painter Canvas Newsletter Archives - Tips and Tutorials in Each Issue

My Site - PixelAlley

#
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Unhappy Re: Painter 8 versus Painter X

I've had Painter since version 6 and am up to V.X. Unless this company starts to actually offer us something more than a few dozen more brushes on each update v.X will be my last. There's minimal difference between v.6 and v.X. I could do the work I doing now just fine if I'd never upgraded and spent all that money. What they really need to do is make the program stop crashing, make it work with the newer faster multi-mother board computers. They just take the easy way out and add a few minor tweaks and a few dozen new brushes and then holler long and loud about what a great new program they have. It's just "EXPLICIT".
    I'm a Mac user and used to getting solid upgrades for no or minimal costs. Nothing this company has put out has ever justified the price they charge. I keep hoping another company will come along and offer some competition, but so far no show. I crash all day long (I'm a professional) and hate it. It builds up a larger percentage of system usage over the day and eventually can't do a save without crashing. I have 3 gig of memory and work with large files, but it will do the same thing with a small file.
    This program has as many bugs as if it were in Beta. They don't seem to care.
    tedpainter
    IP