Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara 3D APP CRASH

Is there a patch to stop this? I'm running Vista, and every time i save the menu i create, the APP Crashes and it don't save. The program is a legitimate copy. It's not pirated. I ordered it almost a year ago from Xara.com. I'm gettin very ticked.
    Last edited by JeremyMedlock; 14 July 2008 at 02:25 PM.

Default Re: Xara 3D APP CRASH

Hi Jeremy,

When you installed Menu Maker on your Vista system did you run the installer as Administrator?

Vista's security is very different than any previous version of Windows. Even though you are an Administrator on your computer you must specify run as administrator when installing some applications. If you do not the User Account Control (UAC) will prevent some or all required updates to the registry that a program needs to function correctly.

Personally I disable the UAC on all my Vista computers. It is the source of most if not all complaints about Vista.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes i did install it as administrator. .and i did have UAC disabled when i installed it. But it's still doing it.

Could you zip the project folder for the menu that is causing the crash and attach it to a post on the forum?

I do not recall anyone reporting this problem before. It would help to determine the cause of the crash if I could examine your project.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Could you zip the project folder for the menu that is causing the crash and attach it to a post on the forum?

I do not recall anyone reporting this problem before. It would help to determine the cause of the crash if I could examine your project.

You mean the folder than i'm "saving" to? and i could try if i knew how to zip it.

If you are using Windows XP or Vista you can use Windows Explorer to zip the folder. Find the folder in the left pane (tree view) of Windows Explorer. Right click the folder and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder.

This will create a zipped copy of the project folder.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

ok that was easy. . . now, what folder do you want? the one with all my saved graphics?

When you create a menu one of the steps asks you for a project name. Menu Maker creates a folder using that name. That is the folder that will help me investigate the cause of the crash.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hope i did that right.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes the zip file is good.

I have opened the project and saved the menu on one of my Vista machines. No crash occurred. I repeated the open and save several times and cannot get it to crash.

The system I used is Vista Home Premium running on a 900MHz AMD processor with 768MB of RAM. An 8 year old machine but if programs work on that system they should work on any newer system.

I would suggest making a backup copy of your Menu Maker project folders then doing a complete uninstall of the program then re-install.

That will ensure that any possibly corrupt program file is removed and the re-install should correct the cause of the crash.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update