Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default 4.0.1 patch now available

We're making an updated version of Xtreme and Xtreme Pro available today. This is mostly a bug fix and stability improvement update. In fact there are over 70 fixes and minor improvements to this version, so we recommend everyone upgrades to this version.

You can download a patch file from the web page below which, when run, will update the CD installed version to version number 4.0.1 dated 4th July.

This patch will ONLY work with the CD version dated 14th April. Please do not try and apply this to versions with any other date such as the trial download versions.

There is one download for Xtreme and another for Xtreme Pro. Please make sure you get the right one.

Patch download page

This is a list of most of the changes - there are other smaller ones not detailed here:

Misc fixes
    • Importing large photos with bad resolution fields (reported as 1 dpi, from iStock) now works
    • Some Alt key combinations could not be configured in the Customize Key Short-Cuts dialog. Fixed. (Pro Only)
    • Bug discussed here, a result of use of hidden undocumented registry option, has been fixed:
      http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32434
    • Using Esc to close Blend profile dialog crashed under some circumstances. Fixed
    • The new 'align to backmost object' was using the 'scale line widths' button the wrong way around. Fixed
    • Objects that reported themselves as whole pixels sometimes exported 1 pixel larger. Fixed.
    • Multi-page TIFF import improvements
    • Export dialog corruption when using non-standard Windows system dpi values now fixed.
    • Subtraction of text goes wrong unless text converted to shapes.
    • Rendering error at some zooms in zoom.xar.
    • Xara disappears if you try to sort the galleries.
    • Undo - Redo error and possible crash after import of new page.
    • Access violation when previewing flash animation containing a group of beveled text with transparency.
    • Paste in place pastes on wrong page sometimes.
    • A couple of minor stability improvements to the key short-cut dialog operation
    • Undo sometimes did not work with bevelled text. Fixed
    • Zoom did not work on some very large PDF imported docs. Fixed
    • Access Violation when attempting to resize a specific tiger image. Caused by new Clip path code. Fixed.
    • Changed the behaviour of Create Bitmap Copy to always use screen view quality setting. The exception is if it's set to High we always create the bitmap copy at Very High Quality. Basically this mean that setting View Quality to outline or no anti-aliasing will now keep that quality when exporting or using Create Bitmap Copy, but that doing this with anti-aliasing on, will always produce an image at highest possible quality.
    • Some drawings with lots of very hi-resolution bitmaps, rendered slower than earlier versions. Fixed.
    • The black line around the page, which was sometimes drawn inconsistently when a background colour was set, has been removed. So now there is a thin black line around empty pages, but if the page background colour is set, no outline is drawn. This means you can now tell the difference between a page with no background colour and a white color background.
    • AV fix for a specific Ron Duke drawing with perspective mould.
    • Problems with Create Bitmap Copy on photos with Live Effects fixed
    • Grouped objects exported to WMF sometimes failed. Fixed
    • WMF/ EMF export sometimes flipped bitmap objects. Fixed
    • Tweened extruded objects did not export in Flash. They now do (but as bitmaps, which is the only way they can look anything close to correct)

Text Tool
    • When repelling objects are grouped and moved to front, the repelled text is now updated correctly
    • Improved the reliability of underlined URL links when grouping / ungrouping
    • Improved reliability of the 'used fonts' section of the font menu
    • Using Ctrl+Shift+> and < to increment / decrement the font size now works in whole pixels if you have font units set to pixels
    • Stability fix for live font preview
    • Underlined text did not print to Postscript printers. Fixed.
    • Deleting or overtyping a text selection sometimes did not replace the text in the correct style. Fixed.

Photo Tool
    • You can now stitch more than 6 pictures if you have Panorama Studio Installed (Pro only)
    • Photo objects moved slightly on screen under certain circumstances in Photo Mode. Fixed.
    • Occasional Access Violation when using Levels tool and selecting different photos. Fixed
    • Access Violation when using the Clip button to clip QuickShapes to photos. Fixed
    • Paste in Place did not paste to the correct relative position if the document size changed in Photo Mode. Fixed.

HTML Export
    • Internet Explorer did not work with filenames containing ( ) brackets. Fixed
    • Selecting to open links in a new page opened the page twice in some browsers. Fixed
    • Links did not work when applied to complete text stories sometimes. Fixed
    • Baseline shift did not work correctly on exported HTML. Fixed
    • Mouse-over effects were not accurate sometimes in Firefox. Fixed
    • Using the Flash file placeholder feature causes Access Violation sometimes. Fixed
    • Given that most browsers do not handle justified text reliably, a new warning has been added alerting users to the fact justified text has been used. We recommend not using fully justified text for web pages.
    • Photos with Live Effect were exported as PNG, not JPG even if JPEG name is applied.
    • When photos are exported HTML and some other types the reported dpi value was wrong. Fixed
    • Mailto URL links sometimes opened two email windows. Fixed
    • Disabled letter spacing les than 0.1em since Firefox and IE do not render this correctly.
    • If there are any objects with URLs applied on MouseOver or MouseDown layers this caused the HTML and pop-ups to not function correctly. This has been fixed (but still you shouldn't haven't any links on MouseOver / Down layers)
    • Some complex HTML pages did not export because files were left open. Fixed.

PDF and XPS
    • Stability fix to fix an AV to PDF export
    • Times font came out bold in PDF under certain circumstances. Fixed
    • XPS now outputs text with outlines (as shapes since XPS can't natively do outlined text)
    • CMYK JPEG images were exported to PDF inverted. Fixed
    • Extrusions exported to PDF and XPS are sometimes wrongly aligned. Fixed
    • Various fixes and improvements to XPS export and import
    • Fixes to multi-stage graduated color fills that uses mixed color models in PDF export
    • You can now use Web Address links for use in exported PDF

Photo RAW import
    • Updates to the latest version of the RAW filter
    • Improved reliability under Windows2000

EPS fixes
    • A number of general improvements specifically when importing Adobe Illustrator EPS, such as many vector files from iStockPhoto.
    • Now imports EPS created by VectorMagic.com
    • EPS import positioning improved

3D Extrude Tool
    • Improvements to reliability at high zoom factors
    • Problems with shadowed extruded groups resolved, as reported here http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32304
    • Errors copying Extrusion lights to the clipboard fixed.
    • Extrusion problems with a ClipView with transparency applied to Clipview fixed.
    • Various other Extrude improvements and fixes.
    • Bevel depth changes when dragging extrude depth.

Color Editing
    • Grad fill selection handles issues resolved
    • After drawing a freehand line, color editor now switches to show 'line color'
    • Various other small fixes to colour editor and eye-dropper code

Live Effects
    • Color Gradient filter improved slightly (it's still not great)
    • Liquid Color effect Cancel operation now works. The effect has been improved and now work in a resolution independent manner

That's it folks. Thanks for your continued support.

The Xara Team.

Default Re: 4.0.1 patch now available

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    We're making an updated version of Xtreme and Xtreme Pro available today.
    . <snipped>
    That's it folks. Thanks for your continued support.

The Xara Team.
    Excellent! Thank you Charles
    ~Fred

Many thanks Charles and Xara Team
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Nevermind. Got it.
    Last edited by Sheff; 08 July 2008 at 04:08 PM.
    Sheff
    My Site

Many thanks!

[Unfortunately no progress on this though... should be a simple fix?]

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

The patch won't load for me.

I get an error saying that the patch won't install because the XaraXeng.dll is an unknown version. And yes, I do have the April 14th CD Version installed.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Thank You Charles.

Installation was flawless.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    The patch won't load for me.

I get an error saying that the patch won't install because the XaraXeng.dll is an unknown version. And yes, I do have the April 14th CD Version installed.

Eric
    There is one download for Xtreme and another for Xtreme Pro.
    Please make sure you get the right one?

sorry, but it still uses the wrong overprint method when exporting to PDF, it seemed quite easy to solve, but maybe we should wait for a PRO PRO version ;-)
    Luciano

p.s.
    here is the original thread:
    http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.p...ight=overprint

Thanks to Charles and Team!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer