Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0.1 crashes on Windows 7 RC

Help!

I upgraded my Vista SP2 machine to Windows 7 RC and now Xara crashes on startup. Any ideas?

Andrew

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0.1 crashes on Windows 7 RC

Any ideas?
    Wait until Xtreme 5 is released?

However for the moment I can only suggest installing XXP4 as Admin and running as Admin.
    If you have already done so, then I can't help until I get RC installed on my Laptop and check for myself.

I'll try uninstalling and then reinstalling to see if that fixes it. Windows 7 RC is nice, I've upgraded my main machine and am very happy with it. Give it a go. When is V5 ready? What's new?

Andrew

I've been using W7 Beta 7000 on my Laptop since it was available without any dramas at all, Xtreme Pro4 and Web Designer installed and work perfectly.
    I have W7 RC downloading as I type. By the morning I will have it, but then I have to find time to install and play

Xtreme 5? Nothing has been announced by Xara but there's been lot's of talk from members. Each day is one day closer to learning something new

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    ... Xtreme 5? ...
    May have to wait a very long time for XX5 - Xara Xtreme 3 then Xara Xtreme 4 then Xara WD 5 ... won't the next thing be XX6 perhaps?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I've been using W7 Beta 7000 on my Laptop since it was available without any dramas at all, Xtreme Pro4 and Web Designer installed and work perfectly.
    Did you do a fresh install of Win 7? I wonder if my problem was because I upgraded from Vista SP2 to Win7?

15 February 2009 Charles said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    I'd also add that the next release of Xtreme (later this year) will have the ability to allow multiple 'graduation stops'. (You heard it here first. See this
    in this thread:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36366

re the win 7 - now that RC is out I shall give it a go, and I will install clean
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

May have to wait a very long time for XX5 - Xara Xtreme 3 then Xara Xtreme 4 then Xara WD 5 ... won't the next thing be XX6 perhaps?
    I suspect that WD was named 'version 5' because it uses Xtreme's core, which in this case would be the development model after Xtreme 4. In other words, work on Xtreme 5 likely began after the release of Xtreme 4 and due to the success of the HTML output filter (introduced with Xtreme 4), was further developed to create a new Web application aka 'Xara Web Designer'.
    Following this reasoning would suggest that Xtreme 5 will include enhanced html workflow and output along with many new *wow factor* goodies to make version 5 an exciting new must-have release..

(I have no idea what I am talking about, but it's fun to ruminate )

Did you do a fresh install of Win 7?
    Yes, I actually replaced the laptop HDD just for the Windows 7 test phase.
    (The original HDD with Vista Business will go back in later)

Just a guess on my part, but the issue with Windows 7 RC may be the compatibility mode.

XXP4 installed in native Vista mode but on Beta Windows 7 it needed to be installed in compatibity mode.

Doing an uninstall and reinstall on the upgraded Windows 7 RC may correct the differences required in the registry for proper compatibility.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

interesting piece here about the XP mode in windows 7 and how not all current intel processors will support it:

slightly off topic maybe, but interesting

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=946&tag=nl.e539
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...