Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mutoh SC650

Default Mutoh SC650

Hi, I'm new to this site but I'm hoping somebody can help me ... after lots of research (and not much money to spend) I bought a Mutoh SC650 vinyl cutter. I also bought CoCut Pro to hopefully allow me to cut from CD12. My question is does anyone else have this combination? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?

I haven't connected the Mutoh to my PC (running XP Pro), nor have I installed CoCut. I'm worried I might need to do things in the correct order.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
    IP

Default Re: Mutoh SC650

Welcome to the forum. I can't answer your query, but Steve Ledger (Sledger),
    one of the moderators here is sure to be along later.
    He operates on Australian time, so his routine will be different from us Europeans.
    If he hasn't got the same setup as you, he'll surely offer you some sound advice.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Thanks for the welcome!
    IP

Hi Jen, welcome to TG.

I'm afraid I have no knowledge at all regarding CoCut software or Mutoh cutters.
    However you seem to have done your homework and bought CoCut which (on reading about) appears to be a good choice for cuttng directly from CorelDraw.

As far as installation, there's not really much that can go wrong if you follow the manufacturers instructions.
    Make sure the hardware drivers are installed first and Windows is communicating with it. Then install your CoCut software. Somewhere in the setup routine you are likely to be asked to select the plotter/cutter model you will be using and (hopefully) as you have this installed already, it should show up as an available option.

Setting up the cutter and knife is again a matter of following the manufacturers instructions and doing a few test cuts.

If you're a seasoned CorelDraw user, you should have no problems, if you are new to CorelDraw then this might represent the biggest learning curve.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Mutoh SC650

Thank you for your reply Sledger, as you suggest I will install the Mutoh first of all and see how that goes. I've done a fair bit of work with Corel but wouldn't say I was a seasoned user by any stretch. It may prove a bit of a challenge but I will hopefully be cutting sign graphics by the end of the day!

Many thanks again for your input, I shall enjoy reading and contributing to posts on this friendly forum now that I have discovered it.

Jen
    IP

I also have a question about the mutoh sc 650 i have recently bought, if anyone could help.
    Is it possible to plot using a pen, the machine has a pen with it and the manual says to set up, use the "pen 1 or 2 " options on the menue.
    All there is on the panel is tool 1,2,3,or 4. and no pen option.
    Can anyone help please?
    IP

Hello There,
    I have recently purchased a Mutoh Junior Cutter (24") i need to download the drivers for either SC-550, SC-650 or SC-650E. Does anybody know where I could get this? I have tried the Mutoh.be but I think they are discontinued?

Many thanks & Have a nice day!

Marmalade
    IP

Hi

I am told here:

http://www.mutoh.be/download-support.../page.aspx/152

but you will need to register

according to my information discontinued drivers are still available [though not necessarily for free] but I cannot guarantee it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP