Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme created JPG too large in email

I've created a composite graphic (single picture, with some text), then exported as a single JPG file. Dragging that graphic (just 106K) into an MS Outlook blank email results in a file that I can nicely distribute to my customers. When I send the email to myself (as a test), however, the resultant email is over a megabyte. Explanations/work-arounds?

Thanks.

Default Re: Xara Xtreme created JPG too large in email

Welcome to TG cursor. This is obviously wrong and I expect Outlooks to blame. What happens if you open a new email , and either Insert/File Attachment or Insert/Picture. What size is it then?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the kind welcome. =)

If I create a new email from MS Outlook, insert the same graphic (as an attachment), then send that email to myself, the received email is [obviously] blank and contains an attachment that is just 106K.

How is it that the size would increase (by 10-fold) simply by embedding it into the graphic HTML formatted email?

Thanks (in advance) for helpful recommendations.

If your jpg is just 106K post production, then it's impossible that Xtreme created it too large 'in email'. As Egg suggests, there's something going on with Outlook.

As a test, send the same email without the image. How big is that?
    If you are using a html template (stationary) it will come with it's own baggage.

EDIT: You posted as I was replying.
    Don't use HTML formatted email. Not everyone can see/receive this anyhow.
    Use plain text instead.

Outlook can save the message into external file that way it's possible to take a closer look at the message and see whats wrong with it. That HTML template can be something really crazy
    Images (all binary attachements) in emails are bigger than original files but this is really too much

I have moved this thread as it is not directly related to Xara products.