Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please Wait: Rendering Life Effects!

I splashed out on the Eye Candy 4000 and Xenofex 2 plugin sets. Incredibly impressed with the increased functionality it's given me with Xara.

But for me, Xara Xtreme 4 Pro is no longer the world's fastest graphics program. In fact, when I have some live effects (plugins) active within a document, it crawls along whenever there's anything that's being changed with a live effect involved. Working a 3D effect onto a chrome render gives painstaking pauses while rendering updates are made. It's almost like going back to Adobe or Corel.

As an example, I have a document that's got 2 Chrome effects, 2 shadow effects, 4 cutout effects, and when I reduce or enlarge the document it pauses for about 45 seconds re-rendering. Same pause happens when the document is first loaded. Surely, it should be faster than this?

I've got 2GB RAM, running Windows XP SP2, on an intel Pentium 4 (3GHz) processor. Hard drive is regularly defragmented, plenty of free space on it.

If I were to upgrade my computer, what would work better for this? Am I stuck with the lag? I can make a cup of tea in the time it takes to make some adjustments in a document. I guess until I can sort this out, I'll be making more and more cups of tea!
    Last edited by Brivtech; 24 June 2008 at 01:44 PM.

Default Re: Please Wait: Rendering Life Effects!

Have you tried locking the effects? In options you can also set lock as default.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock_effect.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	50037  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

You are a:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star.png 
Views:	357 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	50104  

Neat Glad to be able to help. Had similar problem with Ulead Particle plug-in ... everything turned to bubbles! Angelize gave me the same hint that stopped me tearing out what was left of my hair!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64