Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printing Machinery,

Hi All,

I'm just looking for some suggestions to acquiring some equipment.

At the moment i'm pretty busy doing large format prints with an epson 9800.

but i've found myself with a lot of enquiries to do printing on 3mm or 5mm pvc or "corrieboard" (corrugated board) which the epson cannont print onto.

So i was wondering if anyone had suggestions to something that could do this?

many thanks.

Robbie

Default Re: Printing Machinery,

Don't do that kind of stuff but maybe this link will help: http://www.watermanswebworld.com/code/graphic.html

Also I would think you would need some sort of press print like press-a-print if the pvc is curved. Just a guess on my part though.
    Joe

I have seen vinyl used with this "corriboard" before. Check with Steve Ledger (SLedger), he does some work with vinyl.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Yes, vinyl signage is pretty much always applied directly to CoreFlute (as it's called in Australia)
    The vinyl is either cut in parts and assembled onto the coreflute, or printed to vinyl in one pass on the MIMAKI JV33, then applied to the coreflute.
    While the MIMAKI has a print gap detection of up to 7mm in some models, I don't think corelute would be printed to directly.
    Digital ink-jet (solvent) printers such as the MIMAKI are fantastic for large format printing.
    The results are simply incredible and the freedom they give you to produce designs (you'd otherwise not when using just coloured vinyl) is very liberating.
    They are however *very expensive* machines. You'd want to make sure you have plenty of work coming in to pay for the unit.

The JV5 series (1.3 or 1.6m widths) would be a good entry level unit perhaps?

It is the mimaki JV33 i was looking at, but i'm trying some alternatives as i really dont want to trade in the epson of i can help it.

essentially it'll be a reverse adhesive print then cold pressed onto the corrieboard / corriflute.

I'll be doing a test in a few hours so i'll let you know how it looks.