Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Can't export as website...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I've attached v337.

As John would say, until it's an official release, use at your own risk.
    A mixed blessing Steve. v337 definitely fixes the export problem with regard to a path with an apostrophe in it.

However...

v337 totally screws the post-export layout of this webpage I just started.

I've swapped back and forward between v301 and v337 a few times, with the result that v301 exports properly every time and v337 producers a complete mess every time.

I can't put this project on public display, but I will pass it to John the developer if he thinks it will help. Non-disclosure conditions assumed. I guess he will read this and get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Soporose View Post

v337 totally screws the post-export layout of this webpage I just started.
    ..v301 exports properly every time and v337 producers a complete mess every time.
    I'm not experiencing this at all.
    So, you open your .xar file and then export to .htm with the v337 HTMLfilter.dll which you are saying has the effect that your site layout is messed up? Very curious...

Can you export 100% fresh files, that is - delete everything from all previous exports and then re export the entire site from your .xar file with v337 HTMLfilter in place?

I've used that version filter umpteen times, not a problem in any area have I encountered..

Steve, John has been in touch with me via PM and I've provided him with the information he requested.

Probably something I've done but we shall see what we shall see.

Steve, can you please tell which build of Xtreme you use? (from the about tox)
    Thank you.
    John.

Hi everyone.
    With the kind help of Soporose, I have figured out some problems with uploaded here version 1.1.0.337 of the html filter. It is not stable. Please do not use it.
    Next Xtreme update will contain correct version.
    Meanwhile please avoid special characters in the export path.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Good luck.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Hi everyone.
    With the kind help of Soporose, I have figured out some problems with uploaded here version 1.1.0.337 of the html filter. It is not stable. Please do not use it.
    Next Xtreme update will contain correct version.
    Meanwhile please avoid special characters in the export path.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Good luck.
    So John, is v321 the latest we should be using?

So John, is v321 the latest we should be using?
    Yes. Though 321 does not have the fix for the path naming bug implemented. But otherwise, 321 is greatly improved over the 301 from CD.
    John.

Hi....can somebody be kind enough to post the link to the upgrades, or tell me where to go to find them. I was looking on the xara.com site but I did not find them and could not afford the time to search for an hour. Sorry to be such a pain in the arse but thats me.............frank

John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Would it be a good idea to have a sticky at the top of this message section where notifications of patches and updates can always be found quickly and easily?

Personally I think it would be best if only John and other developers could post to it so it stays a clean and easy reference. A multi-page discussion involving any and all members defeats the purpose.