Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Can't export as website...

Official updates/patches and releases are infact normally posted as a stickies.
    It would be counter productive to disallow members/users to post responses about such updates. Discussion is after all, is the purpose of a forum. But I'd agree that rubber-stamp comments and inane drivel can uneccessarily stretch threads which can make sifting through Search results a little tiresome.
    I bookmark certain posts, which can be quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Do you mean that you bookmark them with your browser, or is there a way to do it in the forum itself?

Browser.
    With Opera I can create a new bookmark folder in the Bookmark Manager. Then drag the folder to the personal bar. Adding TG bookmarks to this folder then become available as a new drop-down list. Each bookmark can be renamed so that you know to what they refer.

Thanks

Official updates/patches and releases are infact normally posted as a stickies.
    But (at least as far as I can see) information about the series of htmlfilter.dll releases that we've been discussing throughout this thread doesn't appear in any sticky. I only eventually discovered the reason I was getting odd results by asking a question, and even then I still ended up with an incorrect version and different problems until John/Covoxer took a look at my source.

It would be counter productive to disallow members/users to post responses about such updates. Discussion is after all, is the purpose of a forum. But I'd agree that rubber-stamp comments and inane drivel can uneccessarily stretch threads which can make sifting through Search results a little tiresome.
    I respectfully disagree Steve. Discussion can take place in separate user-initiated threads. The sticky you pointed me towards is currently nine pages and will probably build further.

As you suggest, most of the posts were irrelevant, but I still had to wade through them all, when all I want to know is: "Are there any updates I should apply before I raise a new query".

Anyway, it was just a suggestion that I thought would make finding patches & updates easier.

But (at least as far as I can see) information about the series of htmlfilter.dll releases that we've been discussing throughout this thread doesn't appear in any sticky.
    I don't believe I said it did. My intention was to confirm that when available, Xara do announce updates and patches in a sticky post. As there has been no official update to the HTMLFilter.dll, there has been no official announcement.

The sticky you pointed me towards is currently nine pages and will probably build further.
    I'm not sure how reading 9 pages in one thread is any different to reading 3 pages each in three threads. The forum 'Search' function works equally as well.
    Of course, the length of a page is dependant on how you have set the options in your member Control Panel. What is nine pages to you may be only 4 pages to another member. (it is 18 pages for me due to the way I have set my options)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pppage.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	50181

As you suggest, most of the posts were irrelevant, but I still had to wade through them all, when all I want to know is: "Are there any updates I should apply before I raise a new query".
    Any new updates will be announced by Xara in the usual way, which is via the email you nominated when you purchased your Xara software, via the Outsider Newsletter and at Talkgraphics.
    Moderators have no inside knowledge about releases and patches.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 27 June 2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spolleng aura

C'mon guys! Chill down!

Eventually there were no official updates of the html export filter yet. All updates mentioned here are strictly unofficial, experimental and are really not supposed for wide use. As you have just witnessed, some of them may even happen to be not stable. That's because they are not even tested enough. Treat them as betas or even alphas. I have uploaded a couple of them to get quicker response as to some new features requested on this forum. Anyone can use them on his own risk. No warranties, no support, not even official recognition of these releases by Xara.
    So I do agree that they should not be referred in sticky threads IMHO.
    Although, if someone is in trouble and the unofficial update can be of any help, there are always people who ready to point it.
    John.