Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is Xara Ltd Reading These Boards?

Quote Originally Posted by PatentGuy View Post
    It seems like it is too much trouble to add/enhance/fix the vector tools, but it is not too much trouble to add bitmap stuff and a wannabe web editor.
    Dont you think that if it was easy, they would already have done it?

If anyone here thinks that they can code what Xara needs easily, why don't you just do it. I'm sure Xara would even pay you for the effort.

It obviously can't be easily done without a major core rewrite, so keep asking for it isn't magically going to make it happen.

Xara aren't stupid ......... if they think that they can make money by adding vector tools that are easily produced, they would have already done it. Ergo, they are not easily produced.

Then when we get new vector tools, someone is going to say that it wasn't what they wanted and complain about bloat.

You can't please all the people all the time. Xara are trying to please Magix not us. That would be who I was trying to please anyway.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Handrawn - one of the great things about these forums is the lack of swear words. It would be great to keep it that way.

Paul

I quote the great gwpriester who has been known to use this word on these forums - though not in the same context I'll admit
    Its not a swear word where I come from any more than 'bloody' or 'fanny', but still if it offends you I will of course remove it.....
    Last edited by handrawn; 11 June 2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Good points Keith...

I believe it is extremely arrogant for anyone to assume they know how simple it might be to impliment a new or better featured tool for Xtreme based on what currently exists in versions X1 to X4. Or indeed by what is already out there with 'other' software.
    If indeed anyone knows this to be fact because they have the necessary programming skills and knowledge, then I suggest they are in the best position to offer their services directly to the Xara development team rather than bleeting and stamping their feet on a user forum. Or, as some (quiet achievers) have done, create a plugin or stand-alone utility that works with Xtreme.

It is irrational behaviour to second guess the business directions of a long standing niche company or to suggest they are doing anything other than what is right for their own interests unless that person has been present at their board meetings.

Xara have been in the business of creating successfull software for decades. For anyone to infer that they have lost the plot and no longer have a clue about what directions the company must take to continue in their goals is very shallow thinking.
    Are you imagining that Xara are standing around scratching their collective heads waitiing for a few forum members to come up with a cool idea which is easy to write in?

Hands up everyone who thinks that the new bitmap tools for version 4 for were simple to impliment? That the current level of X3D integration was dead easy to do? That the .xar to .htm export was simply just a new filter? ....and so on.
    Are your conclusions based on your time being involved with the lenghty period of development and Beta Testing? In other words, do you know any of this for a fact?

Feedback begins from the originating source, if Xara wants to ascertian how valuable adding a mesh tool (for example) might be and their current market research techniques suggest that asking another small percentage of users (which the forum members represent) would be useful, they would likely set up a Poll.

Threads such as these do not arise from a desire for constructive, objective brainstorming or to in someway 'help' Xara plan for their future. They are self-serving attempts to be noticed and to be given special treatment. They often act as fly-paper for others who think similarly which generally drags the board into yet another squabble over who's ideas are better and to regurgitate requests that this board has seen over and over and over again.

Would you tell your favourite book author how to improve sales by writing his next thriller to include the thrills and twists that *you* see as most entertaining?
    Leave Xara to mind their own business.

There would be more amazing artwork posted and discussed on these forums if the same amount of energy was put into actually using and demonstrating the software as is put into bikkering and complaining about what you want but haven't got because they are not listening (to you).

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I quote the great gwpriester who has been known to use this word on these forums - though not in the same context I'll admit
    Its not a swear word where I come from any more than 'bloody' or 'fanny', but still if it offends you I will of course remove it.....
    I just wouldn't like to see it become a habit here. I've heard the words enough, even uttered them enough times.

I like the fact the forums aren't dominated by swearing and it would be great to keep it that way.

Anyway, forget it.

Paul

as will be obvious I'm fed up with it too

yes - well made points Keith nice one - and good summation Steve

sorry Paul - I was just so fed up with all this silliness, usually I just resort to sarcasm - no problem, there is nothing to forget
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I wouldnīt go that far Steve.
    If people donīt talk (or "complain", although i donīt see things that way) about what they wish or would like to see in future versions nobody at Xara would know about that or how important some things are becoming for their users. Obvioulsly a lot of them will be just that, wishes, but other features may appear in the future.
    This already happened with the recent v4. Path clipping improvement is the best example i can pick.
    Knowing how much passionate Xara users are about "their" application sometimes threads like this go a bit far, but the true is, no matter what have been added or not now or in the future, most of us are still here, discussing the future of Xtreme. And thatīs a positive thing, no matter what...

Anyway, I agree we should be posting more on the Xara gallery.... (myself included).
    Last edited by MEB; 11 June 2008 at 09:46 PM.

sledger - Well said. I agree 200%.

Look at the volume of outstanding art that has been created on the Xara.com galleries, the Xara Xone Featured Artist Galleries, the Graphics.com Xara Gallery and of course the TalkGraphics Xara Gallery. Then look at some of the other galleries. I may be prejudiced but my take is the images created with Xara are far superior.

These images were created by artists who first and foremost are outstanding artists who have mastered the tools. Could they create the same outstanding images with a few more features and tools? Maybe. Maybe not. But I cannot remember reading a post from any of these artists apologizing for their results because they did not have a certain tool or feature.

Conversely, if Xara could include every possible tool and feature imaginable, would that make you (directed to everyone) a better artist and improve the quality of your images?

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

I've been using this software since the days of CorelXara. I bought the entire Corel Suite years ago and this is pretty much the only thing I use these days for any kind of design.

A guy like me doesn't even know what kinds of tools exist in Corel, Photoshop, Illustrator or even what OTHER programs are out there for that matter.

I've been coming to the forum for a while now and I can definitively say that (steering this big boat back on topic) Xara listens.

John has given enormous input and assistance not just with how to use the program, but correcting errors and updating versions so everyone can enjoy it the way they should.

Charles has weighed in on MANY topics, regardless of how insignificant it may seem.. I'm SURE he has better things he can be doing, but he's definitely around.

I think there are people out there that use this software regularly who don't come to the forums or go to the Xara Xone.. They use it, though, and don't NEED a mesh tool or special brush considerations.

I am in NO WAY saying that it's not worth mentioning. I just think it's not worth beating the point senseless.

{insert 2 cents HERE}
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Threads such as these do not arise from a desire for constructive, objective brainstorming or to in someway 'help' Xara plan for their future. They are self-serving attempts to be noticed and to be given special treatment.
    I disagree strongly with your last sentence. I think the following is a much better parable for you.

You would be much closer to understanding why this thread came about if you viewed the OP and Xtreme as lovers, and the OP felt rebuked by Xtreme because Xtreme seems to have said "I'm not going to improve myself for you--I'm going to go find another lover who isn't as demanding as you are." If you were told such a thing and you felt that you hadn't asked anything unreasonable, you'd feel angry, and would probably try to let your (ex-?)love know your feelings before walking away. This thread seems to have been posted more in the tone of, "OK, I've let you know why you've made me mad. Are you listening?" I get the impression that the OP hoped that their relationship might possibly be salvaged if Xara gave some type of positive answer to that question.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...if Xara could include every possible tool and feature imaginable, would that make you (directed to everyone) a better artist and improve the quality of your images?
    Yes, because it would make it easier to play with ideas, and approach things in new ways. Sometimes an image is improved simply in the process of playing with various methods of creating. (And your artistic talent improves at the same time.) For instance, even you once came close to admitting that one of the features I was asking for could be done better, and would be nice to have. What type of additional creativity would easy access to such a feature bring about? I think it is a lot more than your post suggests.

As I've pointed out in another thread, some things are very difficult to do in Xtreme as it stands. What type of additional creative license would you have if such items were readily available?

Just knowing that silly stuff like the following can be accomplished in a very straight-forward manner in other packages, but is quite difficult in Xtreme has given me a much different outlook on this program.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snake.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	49808