Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: Is Xara Ltd Reading These Boards?

When working with line (what I use Xtreme for most often) I find that the functions that I need to access most, and that slow me down, are changing line shape/stroke and line width.

I use the shape editor tool a good 90% of the time, I love it. It is by far the best vector drawing tool ever.

I know you can click on the line width field and scroll through the available line-widths using the mouse wheel, which is good, but this is limited to the preset widths which double with each increment. How much better would it be to have a hotkey which toggles between scaling the actual size of an object (by dragging the control handles) to scaling the line width only? It seems strange that so many other functions, bevel width, contour width, etc., are interactive but this one isn't.

I don't know how to speed up the changing between line shapes/stokes, apart from maybe assigning hotkeys to each one - say the number keys? And leave the Numpad keys for those who need to use them to change the zoom, something I never do. Or even assign the line shapes to the numpad numbers, that would work for me.

Is there a hot key to reverse a path? This is another thing I do a lot.

Edit: Thanks Gary and 4Hire, abandoning that image is a source of much guilt for me. I will finish it...someday LOL!
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 15 June 2008 at 02:59 PM.